Wide angle + lens hood - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old March 7th, 2005, 01:48 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Good to see all your photos Riley, and I'm pleased to note that the matt black paint you've used is so damn matt and black that the hood hardly shows up at all in your photos! Exactly what you want a hood to do.

A hood is so important, and especially so with the Raynox 0.66x I had, which only had a single layer coating on the front element. So I hope yours works well. Have you decided to attach filters to the front of the Raynox? Look out for vignetting if you do - not on the camera's v'finder or on TV, but on you computer monitor which will show you the entire film frame.

Tell me, does this latest version of the Raynox stay sharp right throughout the zoom range? Is there any warning given in the sheet of words that came with it (as mine had) telling you of sharpness loss past the mid-way point in the zoom range?

tom.
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #17
Regular Crew

So far as I can tell, it doesn't loose any, if only a little sharpness. I accidentaly threw away my instructions that came with it, so I don't know if it said anything about it on there. Luckily I don't use the zoom really at all. I am eventually going to get a UV filter for the lens and find the best point to set the camera at in the hood. I already did some indoor tests (it's been raining) and the hood decreases flaring dramatically. I'll post the final images once I completely finish...hopefully soon!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog