Canon USA site updated! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:31 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Canon Japan announces IXY DV M3

Howdy from Texas,

Canon Japan just announced the IXY DV M3. Same 2.2mp CCD and RGB color filter as the Optura 300, Xi, 40 and 30. Hey, is this thing going to be the next new Optura? No mention of it in the USA or anywhere else yet... but it's all over Canon Japan's video site. For details, see this page at the Optura Junior Watchdog site. Haven't seen a word about this news anywhere yet... I think we've finally scooped everybody else for a change! Yeehaw!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old June 8th, 2004, 08:55 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Canon USA announces Optura 500 and 400

Details at the Optura Junior Watchdog site.

Old June 8th, 2004, 09:16 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Optura 500 / 400 brochure download link

Get the PDF at http://www.canondv.com/downloads/bro...00_500_bro.pdf.

Old January 6th, 2005, 04:59 PM   #4
Trustee

new Elura series?? CES Show.....

Canon has released info about 3 new Elura camcorders.....they say they have a 16:9 widescreen mode and 1.33mp ccd- does this mean they've used the Optura 300 ccd in the ZR series bodies?

At $550 or so- it seems to present a good value in a mid-level camcorder...they of course still offer the ZR series of camcorders- but those seem like lower level camcorders.
Old January 8th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #5
Major Player

Actually the Optura 30 seems like the best bang for the buck right now. I ordered mine from www.digitalfotoclub.com for just under $550 and I'm going to get the $100 rebate. While I like the Eluras, I like the larger CCD, focus ring and primary RGB filter on the Optura.

Just my 2 cents.

Philip Williams
www.philipwilliams.com
www.onlinecheckregister.com
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:13 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

New Op 50 & 60 sample photos from Japan

Some "official" samples of the new Optura's 2mp stills may be found at http://cweb.canon.jp/dv/photo_gallery.html#fvm30. Look for the FV M30 (Optura 60) section on that page. Optura 50 stills will be identical.

Old March 29th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #7
New Boot

I just order the Optura 60 today :D i'll let you know when i get it, its in back order and it won't be shipped out until april 4.
Old March 30th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Yes James, please do let us know how you like it! Thanks,

Old March 30th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #9
Skyonic New York

james where did you order it from...i think i want to pick one up...can't find it any where with an april 4 ship date
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:39 PM   #10
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Robert Mann Z. : james where did you order it from...i think i want to pick one up...can't find it any where with an april 4 ship date -->>>

i got it at http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail~dpno~523464.asp the site show 899.00 dollar but when you add to your basket it become like 786.99 :D great price for that new model.. even better price than the optura 40. i called the guy and he said that it will be in on april 4.

amazon also have it and it said it will be in on March 31, 2005. <-- not as cheap though.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007W2H48/qid=1112244080/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-0582011-3458308?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

you know.. now i start to think this optura 60 and the optura Xi are almost exactly the same. except this one is smaller.
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:25 PM   #11
Skyonic New York

thanks for the info i just called them...they told there is no guarantee they will be in on the 4th, however i did find one place that has them in stock today...

ok i just ordered it from onecall, they just got them in stock about an hour ago, and they gave me 10% off with free shipping

total $809.10

Chris it should be here on tue, as soon as i can get you some pix i will but i suspect nothing has changed from the 40 model
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #12
Obstreperous Rex

Canon Japan site updated!

Lots of new stuff going on there...

http://cweb.canon.jp/dv/lineup/index.html

There's like three or four new items on that page!

Who reads Japanese? Or am I going to have to run this through the Google language tool?

Old July 28th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #13
Major Player

Some new slim DV cameras is what I see and got translated on google. Is that what you got?

Hope it's just the start of some new announcements.

Thx.

Kevin
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:31 AM   #14
Obstreperous Rex

Well, I'm also seeing a press release with photos at this page:

http://cweb.canon.jp/newsrelease/200...r-ixydvm5.html

It's a chunk to translate, though.

Old July 28th, 2005, 01:35 AM   #15
Obstreperous Rex

Google language tools chewed on it a little bit:

CANON line-up of digital video camera furthermore expansion○ 4.3 The most significant model " IXY DV M5 " which loads the Mega pixel CCD

Mega class worldwide smallest * most light weight * Stylish model " IXY DV S1 "

The CANON first slim DVD video camera " DC20 which can enjoy also still picture photographing which is complete / DC10 "
As a 1CCD digital video camera of DV system. (As of July 21st of 2005)

As for CANON this each time, animated picture and the still picture high picture quality the line-up which begins the popular digital video camera " photograph DV " model by the fact that it can do photographing is expanded, 2 types of DVD recording type are included, the new product of the total 4 types is consecutively sold from the August middle.

● The CANON digital video camera IXY DV M5 Open price (sale day: Middle the of August of 2005)

● The CANON digital video camera IXY DV S1 Open price (sale day: Last third the of August of 2005)

● The CANON DVD video camera DC20 Open price (sale day: Middle the of September of 2005)

● The CANON DVD video camera DC10 Open price (sale day: Middle the of September of 2005)

- To digital video camera home page
- To commodity introduction of the CANON digital video camera IXY DV M5
- To commodity introduction of the CANON digital video camera IXY DV S1
- To commodity introduction of the CANON DVD video camera DC20
- To commodity introduction of the CANON DVD video camera DC10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

New product " IXY DV M5 " accomplished further evolution with both sides of efficiency and design, it is the most significant " photograph DV " model as a digital video camera for home. The class highest * 1 4.3 Mega pixel CCD which are proud of the number of pixels * 2 Record of the resolution impression and have rich gradation characteristic animated picture and the still picture which excel, the RGB primary color filter and further low with the image engine " DIGIC DV " which which has vivid color reproducibility makes achieving the noise conversion possible and so on with adoption of new algorithm, is actualized. In addition, the smooth surface constitution whose unevenness is little regarding the design aspect, is adopted, simple the high-class impression of the highest quality is produced by actualizing the forum which has the existence impression.

As for new product " IXY DV S1 ", with high-level design technology and the fusion of the simple design which economizes the decorative element in minimum, in 2 Mega classes worldwide smallest * most light weight * 1 It is the digital video camera of the new type where the existence impression of being refined it actualized as the " photograph DV " is shown. 2.2 Mega pixel CCD * 3 With the RGB primary color filter and loading et cetera of image engine " DIGIC DV ", high picture quality photographing the animated picture and the still picture is actualized. In addition, being one-touch, we adopt the optical 10 time CANON zoom lens which equips the high brightness liquid crystal monitor and the built-in lens cap which it can open and have improved operativity and the using selfishness.

New product " DC20 / the DC10 " is the CANON first DVD video camera which corresponds to the record to the 8cmcDvd-R/-RW media. As the body line which reflected the circular arc of the disk on appearance form that way, gives elegant impression is adopted, it assured being slim and the light weight conversion which it is thorough, it finished in design of the advancement which is proud of high portable characteristic. In addition, as for " the DC20 " as a " photograph DV " 2.2 Mega pixel CCD * 3 With RGB primary color filter, as for " DC10 " 1.3 Mega pixel CCD * 4 We are on-board respectively, image engine " DIGIC DV " and the optical 10 time CANON zoom lens go hand in hand, animated picture and the still picture high fine record is possible. Furthermore, high-level using selfishness such as minicSd memory card and 2 way still picture photographing functions and the random access function only of the DVD which utilize the DVD media is actualized.

In addition, each latest new product, besides the fact that furthermore to use the menu picture which it has become easy is adopted with the improvement of operativity and design characteristic, large number has loaded practical function e.g., the liquid crystal back light button which improves the visibility of the liquid crystal monitor at the bright place is equipped. Furthermore, as the still picture which was photographed can be printed equips the " easy direct button " simply with one push, it is standard, e.g., it conforms to also " the PictBridge ", it is possible to enjoy direct print widely.

* 1 As a 1CCD digital video camera of DV system. (As of July 21st of 2005)

* 2 As for the number at effective of time of animated picture record pixels approximately 350 ten thousand pixels. As for the number at effective of time of still picture record pixels approximately 400 ten thousand pixels.

* 3 As for the number at effective of time of animated picture record pixels approximately 123 ten thousand pixels. As for the number at effective of time of still picture record pixels approximately 200 ten thousand pixels.

* 4 As for the number at effective of time of animated picture record pixels approximately 69 ten thousand pixels. As for the number at effective of time of still picture record pixels approximately 123 ten thousand pixels.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog