Wide Angle Lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old August 18th, 2005, 06:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wide Angle Lenses

I have a wide-angle lens (.5x I believe) that I used to use with my old JVC camera with no trouble. It has a 37mm thread which fit right on the old camera.

When I use this lens with the Optura (via an adapter ring) it viginettes, badly. On the JVC I could zoom all the way out and maybe get just a slight bit of the lens in the upper-right-corner of the shot, but with the Canon I get a full ring all the way around.

Is this because I'm using the adapter ring? If I find a wide-angle lens that fits on the Optura directly will that make a difference? I thought I could get away with using the adapter ring and keep using the (usually cheaper) 37mm accessories, but maybe not?

If I would be better off with another wide-angle lens, any recommendations?
http://2soc.net
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #2
Wrangler

Check out the Canon & Raynox wide angle lenses. We've had good member reports on using these brands. The main difference - Canon doesn't have an outer thread, so you have to sandwhich additional filters, the Raynox has an outer thread.

Robert Mann Z. did a great review of the Optura 60 and a Raynox lens.
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Cool, I like the Raynox lenses...

Any hood recommendations for the Raynox lens?
http://2soc.net

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog