largest optura 50 battery? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old September 1st, 2005, 01:23 PM   #1
Tourist

largest optura 50 battery?

Hello,
I have seen batteries as high as 5400mah on ebay and was wondering if someone knew what was the largest capacity battery i can use for my optura 50. On the canon site it shows their largest as a 1450 mah. I emailed a person selling a 5400mah on ebay and she said it would work with my cam but i just wanted to know if anyone had used one before.
thanks, mike
Old September 1st, 2005, 03:22 PM   #2
Wrangler

There is no limit on the capacity you can use, it just depends on how big a battery you can physically handle. Make sure to read this thread regarding 3rd party batteries and the warranty on your camcorder.

Support our DV Info Sponsors for reliable service and support.
Old September 1st, 2005, 10:48 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks Michael for the link,which does make me think twice about 3rd party batteries. Maybe sticking to the 1450mah canon battery would be a smarter choice . If anyone else has used these larger batteries i would appreciate the feedback, good or bad. Thanks, Mike
Old September 2nd, 2005, 12:11 AM   #4
Wrangler

Use of 3rd party batteries is very common. Didn't want to scare you off completely, just make sure to use known brands. Search this site for Lenmar, Power 2000, and CTA batteries for user feedback.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog