Introduction and DM-50 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old February 1st, 2006, 11:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Introduction and DM-50 question

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Tom Weistar and I Direct an educational non profit organization. I am pretty new to digital video, spending most of my behind the lens time making still images. Through our organization, Synergia, we have produced two student led documentary films. We have been using still images (Ken Burns style) so the move to DV is exciting and challenging.

I recently purchased a Canon Optura 60. I am very happy with it so far.

Here is my question. I have the DM-50 Mic and was wondering if anyone knows of an adaptor/patch cable to use it off camera. It seems that this would be quite useful.

Thanks

Tom-

Last edited by Tom Weistar; February 2nd, 2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 01:47 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Tom and welcome aboard!

The DM-50 is designed to only work on the camera. There are no extension or adapter cables to allow it to be used off the camera.

Your best bet is the Rode Videomic. You can also check the Optura FAQ for other mics and accessories.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog