optura pi vs original elura at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old April 29th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #1
New Boot

optura pi vs original elura

the lenses and specs seem to be similar for these two old canon models - does anybody out there know if the recording/playback video quality of both camericas are identical - thanks
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Wrangler

The Optura Pi shares the same video engine with the original Elura. There may be slight differences in some modes, due to enhancements in the electronics, but the CCD, lens and basic electronics are all the same.

From the footage I've seen (which was awhile ago) I remember the video was identical as far as I was concerned.
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:55 PM   #3
New Boot

thanks michael

well - that was my first post and today is my very first day as a member - it is great to learn that there are informed members so quickly responsive and willing to share

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog