HV20 Hot Shoe Handle? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #1
Major Player

HV20 Hot Shoe Handle?

Does anyone know where I could pick up a carrying handle that slides onto the hotshoe on the camera?
Brian Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Tori View Post
Does anyone know where I could pick up a carrying handle that slides onto the hotshoe on the camera?
I've never heard of that, but I bought a flash handle that I attach to the bottom of mine. With a little effort you could probably make your own too..

Here is a link to the handle I purchased.

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...bow-va313.html

I am pretty happy with it, but be warned- I tried to reverse the plastic grip handle and the indentation in the handle for the hex nuts and bolts broke apart. I now have only half the handle attached as the other half was ruined.

Still, it is inexpensive and works for my needs. I plan to find a way to mount a shock mount and mic where the flash would normally go.
Brandon Svec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Svec View Post
Here is a link to the handle I purchased.

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...bow-va313.html

I am pretty happy with it, but be warned- I tried to reverse the plastic grip handle and the indentation in the handle for the hex nuts and bolts broke apart. I now have only half the handle attached as the other half was ruined.
I have 3 different L Brackets like this, including this one. I like this one the best. I also took the handle off, but to remove that strap.

Having a handle out to the left of the LCD is awesome, but I would also like to get a top-mounted handle that attaches to the flash/accessory shoe. Anyone else know of anything?
Old August 8th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I don't think I'd attach anything to the hotshoe - doubt it's structurally solid enough... there's a guy on Ebay selling something he calls the scorpion - it has a baseplate with feet, and wraps up and around the back of the camera to a handle on top - search "steady cam" to find the bazillion he's got listed. Looks sorta like what you're asking for, and I've seen a couple different variations on this idea... this one is inexpensive, might be worth a look for you?

I too use "L" brackets - two, mounted to a flat bracket, one to each side of the cam, for a mini figrig...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #5
Major Player

Re: HV20 Hot Shoe Handle?

CINEIK Hot Shoe Handle - cineik
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #6
Major Player

Re: HV20 Hot Shoe Handle?

Zacuto Cold Shoe Handle| B&H Photo Video
Mark Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders