HV20: Cinemode Softness (loss of image detail) Pic - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #211
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn Hull View Post
Each to their own i hate 25p on my HV30 soft looking jerky pulp interlaced looks great.
Yes, to each their own. I tried shooting in 60i and quite simply, I really don't like it....at least for certain situations. The motion is so ugly and news like if you are doing any kind of filmmaking. Looks too much like home video to me. I just get that home video feeling when I see that motion. It's sharp and clear, but that motion ruins it for me when it comes to filmmaking. I honestly don't like shooting family videos with it either. I just am not a fan of that 60i motion.

Of course I got the camera for the film look and feel and 60i, in an instant, takes me out of that feel with the motion alone. Every movement of the camera or movement in front of it screams "home video".

I'd gladly take 30p over 60i. Even it looks more filmlike. To each their own. :)
Corey Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 02:17 AM   #212
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Smith View Post
Yes, to each their own. I tried shooting in 60i and quite simply, I really don't like it....at least for certain situations. The motion is so ugly and news like if you are doing any kind of filmmaking. Looks too much like home video to me. I just get that home video feeling when I see that motion. It's sharp and clear, but that motion ruins it for me when it comes to filmmaking. I honestly don't like shooting family videos with it either. I just am not a fan of that 60i motion.

Of course I got the camera for the film look and feel and 60i, in an instant, takes me out of that feel with the motion alone. Every movement of the camera or movement in front of it screams "home video".

I'd gladly take 30p over 60i. Even it looks more filmlike. To each their own. :)
Cory you and i would never agree you hate life like interlaced as much as i detest jerky soft progressive, but i have to say progressive from consumer cams like the HV30 does not look like proffesional cinema,we are 25p here but it does not work for me.
Anyway good luck with your filming all the best.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #213
Trustee

It isn't just about the camera. Progressive shooting is a totally different style of shooting. It isn't because professionals use more professional cameras it is because they themselves are more professional.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:55 AM   #214
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
It isn't just about the camera. Progressive shooting is a totally different style of shooting. It isn't because professionals use more professional cameras it is because they themselves are more professional.
The professionals manage to put out poor stuff at times,but if it is not the cameras they could save us some money and and use cheap machines.Anyway i am amateur but with 40 years filming i know what i like as do others no doubt.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders