DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Emergency!!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/101121-emergency.html)

Glenn Gipson August 11th, 2007 04:49 PM

Emergency!!!!

Ok, so I figured out, a little whiles back, how to remove the 24F pulldown process. Using an automated program that uses a whole bunch of smaller programs (HV20 Pulldown by Steve Szudzik.) Problem is, when I started viewing and editing my footage in Vegas 7.0, it played smoothly. So I just went ahead and edited my whole movie, without running all of my footage through the Pulldown program. Now it is time to render out the entire movie. However, no matter what render option I choose, the motion in my movie is always blurry/ghostly. I can't just run the whole edited movie through the HV20 Pulldown program, because Vegas wont let me save the movie as an .M2T file. What should I do? It would take far too much time to go back and run all of my footage through the HV20 pulldown program....and even then, I'm not so sure what I should save it as to get it to run smoothly. Help, please!!!!

Glenn Gipson August 11th, 2007 05:15 PM

The motion plays smooth/correctly on my Vegas timeline, but it gets blurred after I render it.

Mike Dulay August 11th, 2007 05:20 PM

That's odd that it won't let you save to an M2T. If you can't generate Mainconcept MPEG2 (per Ian's method), you could try setting the project properties to Progressive, Deinterlace method: Interpolate. When you render pick a progressive format (or make a custom).

Eugenia Loli-Queru August 11th, 2007 05:21 PM

Question: is all the clips in your timeline 24p, or half of them are 24p and half of them 60i? If you do that, then you are in trouble, because the 24p pulldown'ed footage will be rendered as progressive, and the 60i as interlaced. Or, the other way, IF you didn't use the right project properties.

I would suggest that you don't mix the two. Go back and do the pulldown for all your 24p footage, and then copy the pulldown'ed files on top of your 24p-in-60i-stream files (with the same filenames), and then render out. Make sure again that your field order is set to "none", de-interlacing is set to "none".

BTW, you can NOT export a real pulldown'ed 24fps video on .m2t that is destined for HDV, because Vegas' default M2T saving template creates HDV-compliant files, and that means, interlaced files. The whole 24p/pulldown deal is if you want to create 1080p or other files that are played back on devices like a computer, the PS3, the Xbox360 or the AppleTV. But not through an HDV tape, which REQUIRES to be in 60i mode and interlaced.

Glenn Gipson August 11th, 2007 05:31 PM

Disregard, I figured out the soultion. It has to be rendered as an HDV 60i intermediate. I somehow overlooked this. Thanks everyone!

Steve Szudzik August 12th, 2007 01:08 AM

I'm in the midst of a project that would have helped you as well Glenn. I'm updating my app to do an entire Vegas timeline. I'm still working on it but it's going well so far. It'll basically render each event on the timeline and just process the specific portions of each event. It will then set the output AVI file from VDub as a new take in place of the previous clip.

I've got a few issues I'm trying to resolve about identifying a clips related audio events, but otherwise it's progressing fairly well..

Glad you got your problem figured out though!

Steve

Glenn Gipson August 12th, 2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Szudzik (Post 727554)
I'm in the midst of a project that would have helped you as well Glenn. I'm updating my app to do an entire Vegas timeline. I'm still working on it but it's going well so far. It'll basically render each event on the timeline and just process the specific portions of each event. It will then set the output AVI file from VDub as a new take in place of the previous clip.

I've got a few issues I'm trying to resolve about identifying a clips related audio events, but otherwise it's progressing fairly well..

Glad you got your problem figured out though!

Steve

Thanks Steve, you're a freakin' genius! That free utility/process you came up with is brilliant! After I ran your program I was on the phone with a friend like, "man there are some smart people in the world, I'll tell ya!"

Steve Szudzik August 12th, 2007 10:56 AM

haha! Thanks Glenn, but I didn't do the hard work there. The smart folks are the VDub, AVISynth & DGIndex people. Plus Mr. Farnsworth is the one that figured out all the correct things to do to automate the process between those apps. All I did was to write a windows UI to help automate multiple files through the process. I'm just a script monkey for this project, but I certain appreciate the platitudes!!!

--Steve