Possible HD Camcorder - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 13th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Well guys, thanks for all of the input, it has definitely made this an easy choice in my mind. The only remaining question I have is, is AVCHD worth waiting for? I mean is the only advantage smaller file size, and isn't that an undesired thing? Thanks again everyone and I will for sure be posting some footage online when I return.
Mitch Buss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #17
Regular Crew

1080p is 1080i shot in 24p mode other words when you shoot 24p with the HV20 you are shooting 1080p

peace
Martin Newsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Will it be possible to download a firmware update for an AVCHD camera and update how the compression works (allow better compression)? I can easily see how AVCHD could be the future if this were the case.
Steve Royer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski View Post
Dear Mitch,
no doubts, HV20 is one of the best, I'd say the best, camcorder in it's price range, it does amazing, yes , amazing video fro it's size and price, and the only regret you'll have - that you couldn't get it earlier.
And yes, Vegas supports HDV and 24p since version 4, I believe it was released in 2003,
Good luck, and please. don't forget to post some footage from your trip!
Most programs support HDV so that definitely makes things easier.
But one thing I'm hoping with the HG10 that you don't hear the tape motor in the recording (since the hard-disk is quieter). Otherwise the HV20 has a few more options. Also check out the HG10 review.

Question is also when you are leaving. The HG10 will be available sometime in October and maybe even later.
Luc Fender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders