Best way to convert HV20 material to SD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old November 16th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #1
Tourist

Best way to convert HV20 material to SD?

I've had lots and lots of problems editing in HD using mainly Premiere but also tried Avid and I've come to the conclusion that it's just too much for my compouter to handle.

For now I could live with just converting the material to SD, because editing SD material is no problems whatsoever.

The question then is just: How do I convert the HD material to SD in the best way?

Most of it is already on the harddrive and without tape backup, so even if the best method is to convert it when transferring from the camera to the harddrive, I would also need another solution.

I have tried using Canopus Pro Coder 2 and convert to 480p using Roku codec, but it's not the same as DV. It's still a strain for Premiere to edit.

Any suggestions?
Markus Aberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I hate to sound like a drummer but here goes again....

Cineform.... Cineform... Cineform...

What does it do?? It is software that takes the HD footage and brings it to an AVI non compressed format...

In the old days before we had these Quad core and Dual core computers you'd have to get a hardware solution to accelerate the video...

Cineform is in a way, the software version of the hardware solution.... only
better..
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I will join the chorus... Cineform, Cineform, Cineform. You don't necessarily need Aspect. You could buy NeoHDV and still edit with it in Premeire.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders