HG10 manual exposure ? Plus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old December 4th, 2007, 01:34 AM   #1
Major Player

HG10 manual exposure ? Plus

Any way to get the camera to do what the hv20 does when a card is inserted?

I insert one and press the button and it just flashes the little not in photo mode icon.

Also anyone find out if when in av or tv and you adjust the setting to a lower setting and it first starts to blink is that actually when the gain has actually kicked in? If so you can determine when there is no gain and lock the shutter and adjust it from there, effectively controlling the aperture as well, and if you know the sensitivity which I hear is around 100iso but I would test my own cameras for it, you could use a meter and an ND filter (external) to actually set a know f stop and shutter at no gain giving you more control of a larger range if fstops in tv. But this is only if you can actually know that when the shutter speed setting in tv blinks you are just hitting the gain.(incase you are wondering, the ND would allow you to set the fstop at zoom the max plus whatever ND so lets say the max camera is at 2.8 plus a 1 stop nd the fstop you would be locking will be the same but once removed one stop brighter effectively giving you more leeway in compensation)

But the question is still anyway to get the photo button to tell you in video mode what the settings are?

Anyway to get edited corrected and rerendered footage back on to play? Maybe like a mts file format that I do not have to render to installed?

And one other thing, any way to make the camera connect to a computer when not plugged in? does the software that comes with it do anything for that? or allow for real previewing? On a PC?
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Same Question Here

Since this camera is relatively 'old', can someone answer his question?
(applying the hv20 trick to hg10)
Jack Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:40 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
to get the photo button to tell you in video mode what the settings are?
Just inserting a memory card is *not* enough.

You must also enable Still Image Recording. Press the Function button, scroll down to find Still I. Rec Off, and change it to the LW option. It's completely identical to the HV20 in this regard. The procedure is described on page 74 of the HG10 operator's manual. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders