DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   24P HD footage to SD for DVD recorder (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/110671-24p-hd-footage-sd-dvd-recorder.html)

Matt Krump December 20th, 2007 01:53 PM

24P HD footage to SD for DVD recorder

I want to send a SD signal to my DVD recorder that was shot in 24P HD. Will the camera do this? I can't seem to get it to downscale it to SD so the DVD recorder can recognize it.

Austin Meyers December 21st, 2007 01:07 AM

depending on your dvdr setup I'm guessing your inputting either via FireWire or composite out. If using firewire there is a setting in the playback menu where you can lock the FireWire output to dv only, at which point it will behave just like a regular dv cam. Also of note when outputting with locked dv you can zoom the image using the zoom control and recenter using the joystick. If using the composite out, make sure the output is set to a/v and not headphones. Hope that helps

Matt Krump December 21st, 2007 08:11 AM

I am using the mini DVI out on camera to the mini DVI in on the DVD recorder.

I'd rather not use the composite out. I want to keep it all digital.

Matt Krump December 23rd, 2007 03:26 PM

Another discovery

In playback mode I was able to change the output to Standard Definition lock. I think I was only able to do this because at the time I was just past the last recording I had made and into black tape area.

I then put a full rewound tape in without changing the SD lock. WHen I went to play I received an error message saying "PLaying standard locked playback is restricted."

So, I ask again, does this have anything to do with my shots being recorded in 24p high def? Why am I getting this message? How else am I supposed to send the signal to my DVD burner?

Austin Meyers December 24th, 2007 01:16 AM

24p and regular 60i footage are effecively the same as far as the deck is concerned because they are both 60i.

As far as your error message, I've never seen that one before. But playing back as dv only shouldn't be a problem. I'll play with my cam in a day or so as its all packed up for traveling and I'll post up then.

Matt Krump December 30th, 2007 07:44 AM

Still Not Working

Does anyone know how to get the camera to play in SD mode? I keep getting the above mentioned error message.

Austin Meyers December 31st, 2007 01:09 PM

ok so i've finally been able to sit down with my cam... in the first page of the menu there is an "AV->DV" setting do you have this turned on?- i'm not sure if you want this on or off, and in the 2nd page there is "playback std"- this should be left on "A" this is just for playback on the camera. on the 3rd menu page there is "DV output" this you want to set to "dv-locked" this will force the camera to downrez to dv anything coming out of the firewire port.

also of not you have to have the firewire/av cables unhooked from the camera to make any changes to the output settings.

Matt Krump January 4th, 2008 02:51 PM

Success!

Austin,

That combo worked. Thank you very much for your help!