Retrieve timestamp from HG10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old December 25th, 2007, 05:58 AM   #1
Tourist

Retrieve timestamp from HG10

Hi, I have a Canon HG-10 camcorder + Pinnacle Studio 11 Plus.
I'm using the HGBACKUP utility, to get data from camcorder to computer.

When I play video from my camcorder on either it's own display as well as through composite cable to my harddisk recorder (Standard Definition), I can in both cases see timestamp (time + date).
However, when I open MTS files from HGBACKUP utility in Pinnacle Studio 11 Plus, I get video in High Definition (1440x1080), but there is no timestamp.
Is there any method to retrieve timestamp?

merry X-mas
regards Lars S
Lars Sandberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #2
Tourist

I'm Having the same issue

I'm having the same issue and this is what Pinnacle support told me?

This problems has probably occurred because Studio does not recognize that codec type of information, since this kind of codification may not be compatible with Studios programmed reading information. That is way by default, since is not reading the correct information, it was set to 1/1/1980, at 12:00 AM. Check that ALL the files have the same information, that's why is leaving me to think this.

Hope this has helped you.

Happy Holidays!

Anyway, I replied that I wanted to know why, if they support this AVCHD format and the Canon HG10 uses it in their format why can't they read the file?

Are you taking the data directly from the HG10 using Studio Import Media from Device under File at the top of the menu?

Let me know if you get any better info and I will do the same.

Happy New Years
Michael W. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:27 AM   #3
Major Player

fyi this works well for SD AVI files - maybe you can ask the author about the possibility for mpeg4 / avchd

http://dts8888.com/
Dave Stern is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders