DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   FCP project back to HV20 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/112214-fcp-project-back-hv20.html)

Aldo Visaggio January 12th, 2008 12:43 PM

FCP project back to HV20

Hello All
I keep trying to output a HDV project from FCP back to the HV20 and I am not able to. It's really messing with my brain. I choose print to video in FCP and then it does it's conforming video process which goes fine. I put the camera in record and then it stops saying to check my HDV/DV input. I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to check.
One thing I saw on a training DVD is that the menue selection Av-Dv (in REC/IN SETUP Menue) needs to be turned off but this selection is always faded out in my menue. Any info on this would be very helpful.
Thanks much, Aldo

Joachim Hoge January 18th, 2008 07:19 AM

I have the same problem.
The AV-DV is probably greyed out because you have firewire cable connected. Unplugg it and it should be ok. That said, I have it to off and still no luck.
Anyone?

Joachim Hoge January 18th, 2008 07:27 AM

I have the same problem.
The AV-DV is probably greyed out because you have firewire cable connected. Unplugg it and it should be ok. That said, I have it to off and still no luck.
Anyone?

Aldo Visaggio January 18th, 2008 07:42 AM

The Av-Dv was greyed out because the HD/DV output needs to be set to automatic. That being said i still can't get and HDV project back to camera.
Has anyone had success with this?
Thanks, Aldo

Joachim Hoge January 18th, 2008 10:07 AM

From what I can understand from playing with the settings in FCP6 there is no option to playback 1080i HDV back to tape. Please someone prove me wrong

Ronan Fournier January 18th, 2008 10:11 AM

I don't know if I may help because I don't have any HV20 camera... With the XL-H1, the camera must be in "VCR mode" and not in "Camera mode" when you shut it on, to record on it your edited movie from FCP5. And I found that "Basic Firewire" protocole in FCP is stronger than the other firewire options.

Aldo Visaggio January 18th, 2008 10:15 AM

I don't think the problem is FCP because I simply choose print to tape and the project goes through a conforming process and is good to go. When I put the HV20 into record it stops and the camera asks to check the HDV input. I just don't get it??
I know someone brilliant out there has the answer.
Cheers, Aldo

Aldo Visaggio January 18th, 2008 10:17 AM

Thanks Ronan. I've done all that again and again and it still does not work.
Aldo

Zack Birlew January 18th, 2008 11:15 AM

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be support for HV20 support for print to video in FCP yet. I don't think iMovie's export function works eith it either. I haven't tried in 60i mode but I know that the 24p mode definitely doesn't work.

Lou Bruno January 18th, 2008 07:48 PM

You may be right. I connected my HV20 to my friends MAC with FCP and it would not read HDV. My XH A-1 did work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Felis (Post 810412)
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be support for HV20 support for print to video in FCP yet. I don't think iMovie's export function works eith it either. I haven't tried in 60i mode but I know that the 24p mode definitely doesn't work.

Anthony Torres January 21st, 2008 06:11 PM

HV20 is DV in ONLY

Somewhere in the manual it states that it can ONLY take in DV. No HDV.
It can do some crazy output and downconverts, but only records DV in the VTR mode.

Unless someone finds a way to hack this, you can't play an HDV timeline back to tape as HDV. Not with the HV20.

Best, Anthony

Neil Groundwater January 22nd, 2008 10:50 AM

HV20 can dub HDV, but maybe not from a computer?

I haven't tried recording back to the HV20 here, but page 72 of my manual (found under Digital video input (DV dubbing)) in the Index says...

"You can input video from other digital
video devices and record the input video
on the tape in the camcorder. Video input
will be recorded on the tape in the same
standard of the original (HDV or DV)."

They are saying that you can copy a tape. I'll try FCE later and update the thread.

...Neil

Roy Colquitt January 22nd, 2008 05:00 PM

It works for me (FCP6 and HV20)

Are you guy sure you have all of your FCP settings correct?

Might be best to use the HDV Basic under Easy Setup. That sets "Edit to Tape/PTV" to HDV.

Joachim Hoge January 22nd, 2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Colquitt (Post 812522)
It works for me (FCP6 and HV20)

Are you guy sure you have all of your FCP settings correct?

Might be best to use the HDV Basic under Easy Setup. That sets "Edit to Tape/PTV" to HDV.

Iīm happy yo hear it works for some. I have those settings, but Iīm wondering if the itīs my timeline setting thatīs "wrong".
Iīm away shooting, so I canīt check until tomorrow.

Anthony Torres January 22nd, 2008 08:15 PM

Yes, it DOES work!

Hey!
It works. Here's exact settings for HV20 and Final Cut Pro 6.0

On HV20 VTR mode:
Menu> Play/out setup 1
Playback STD A - (*this is important part*)

Connect to firewire cable.
Launch FCP 6.0
In Audio/Video Settings, Summary Tab,
Seq Pres: HDV 1080i60
Capt Pres : HDV
Device Control: HDV Firewire Basic
*IGNORE VIDEO PLAYBACK*

select A/V Devices Tab.
Playback output is set to none.
The "Different Output for Edit to Tape/Print to Video" box should be checked.
Video: HDV (1440x1080) 60i.

Click OK.
Set in/out points on edit.
FILE>Print to Video.

It'll start the deck, record, stop. Takes a little bit to
"Conforming HDV Video"
Actually a lot. One hour for 20 seconds of video, due to 4 seconds of a clip that has a speed adjustment of 200%.
20 seconds of cuts only HDV took 7 minutes (yes, it's a iMac G5 2ghz with 1.5 ram... Should be beefier.)

Are we going through recompression/image degradation with this "Conforming business?"