Canon Vixia HG10 2GB File Limit Headache - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 26th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #46
New Boot

Got an error message-

"This Application has failed to start because Vcl40.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Any Ideas?

J.

System:

Windows XP SP2
Q6600
3.25G RAM
500G HD

Edit-
I also added a "Readme.txt" to the folder with your post in it about the program, in case I forgot some of the information, and did not want to look the post back up again.
Jared Barta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #47
New Boot

I tried the Copy /b fix, however Vegas 8.0b locks up when I try and import them to the story board, anyone else have this issue?
Old April 27th, 2008, 04:55 AM   #48
New Boot

Improvements

Jared,

I'd be interested in how your tests go. I've used it several times now and had no problems. The resultant files seems to be totally intact but I've not examined them frame by frame to guarantee it.

I've been kicking around some ideas to make the program better, but just haven't had the chance to implement them yet.

Please let me know the results of your use of the program.

Thanks,
Ken
Kenneth Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #49
New Boot

Ken-

This was the result- Error message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Barta View Post
Got an error message-

"This Application has failed to start because Vcl40.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Any Ideas?

J.

System:

Windows XP SP2
Q6600
3.25G RAM
500G HD

Edit-
I also added a "Readme.txt" to the folder with your post in it about the program, in case I forgot some of the information, and did not want to look the post back up again.
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #50
New Boot

Error Message

Jared,

Sorry... I tested this on a machine that I didn't think had any Borland compiler stuff on it, but it must have had some of the .dll and .bpl files loaded by some other program that I use if you're getting an error. So, I've packaged up all of the .dll files that you could possibly need into the zip file along with the program. Just unpack them into your "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs" directory. You'll end up with a folder called "FileJoiner" that contains the program and the dll/bpl files. Could you please give it another shot?
Attached Files
File Type: zip FileJoiner 04-28-08.zip (1.47 MB, 803 views)
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #51
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Ross View Post
Jared,

Sorry... I tested this on a machine that I didn't think had any Borland compiler stuff on it, but it must have had some of the .dll and .bpl files loaded by some other program that I use if you're getting an error. So, I've packaged up all of the .dll files that you could possibly need into the zip file along with the program. Just unpack them into your "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs" directory. You'll end up with a folder called "FileJoiner" that contains the program and the dll/bpl files. Could you please give it another shot?
A quick look through and while one person said it sort of I just wanted to confirm that the 2GiB limit is indeed not due to the video codec but rather the file system that the hard drive is using on the camera which is most likely FAT32 to insure compatibility with most Operating Systems. The same issue is present in any Hard drive capturing system that use FAT32.

The binary copy is a good solution that can be found on this forum in other posts as the issue has been around for a while.

Sadly I know of no way to format the drives to NTFS and still allow its operating device (the camera) to use it.
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM   #52
New Boot

Ken-

The program worked great! It seemed faster than the command line, but probably was just a psychological thing.

I am still having problems importing the finished file into Vegas 8.0b. After changing the file extension to m2ts it locks up the program when I click on the file. Granted the combined file is 9.25gig, perhaps it just takes a real long time to read the file, and I give up after several minutes?

Anyone seen this before? Anyone?!

Jared.
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:28 PM   #53
New Boot

"Faster than the command line"

It should be faster since I use a huge buffer to read and write the data. My own tests show that combining a couple of files into one takes about a minutes less than the binary copy. Thanks for the report. Like I said, I have some ideas to make it run faster, I just need time to put it together!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM   #54
Regular Crew

Quote:
It should be faster since I use a huge buffer to read and write the data. My own tests show that combining a couple of files into one takes about a minutes less than the binary copy. Thanks for the report. Like I said, I have some ideas to make it run faster, I just need time to put it together!
Just wanted to say thank you, Ken. I've only had my Canon HF-10 for a few days - hardly long enough to be aware of the problem of dropped audio and video between files. However, I was looking for a quick, easy way to join the files from the SDHC card. Your program seems to work just fine. I'll be upgrading from Aspect HD (older version 4) to Prospect HD (latest version) soon for editing in Premiere.

As I read this thread today, I was thinking that some kind soul might write such a program. Deeper into the thread I found your link. Voila. Problem discovered, problem solved.
Joseph Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM   #55
New Boot

Glad it helped you out...

I'm glad that it worked out for you. I just haven't had the time to update the program to be multi-threaded yet!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Thanks Kenneth, I used your program to fix a Local Concert I recorded with my HG10, well over 2 hours long, ran the file joiner on my footage and playback is now smooth as silk, no dropped frames at all, same project rendered before your program suffered from the dropout issue;now its perfect, I even pointed out the program to my co-worker who also has a HG10, he thanks you as well, really stupid of canon not to offer the fix themselves.....
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 07:37 PM   #57
Regular Crew

Quote:
I'm glad that it worked out for you. I just haven't had the time to update the program to be multi-threaded yet!
I couldn't believe how fast it was. I have a RAID 0 array with 2x500GB SATA drives. Your utility joined my 2 hours 30+ minutes into one file in just a few minutes.

The software that came with the Canon HD10 (Pixela ImageMixer 3 SE) choked on the long file, as did a trial version of the latest PowerDirector (slow, slow responses), but I figured that was a problem with those programs not being able to deal with large AVCHD files. The Cineform web site says that Prospect HD's HDLink utility can convert AVCHD files if a couple of components are installed on the system (the AVCHD decoder built into Premiere CS3 and the Haali Media Splitter). Does anyone here work with Premiere CS3 and AVCHD files?
Joseph Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #58
Tourist

Ok I have several large files as I went to an event this weekend EVO 2008 Championship Series and recorded a bunch of footage. After I used the command promt commands vegas would lock up and or the file would only show the audio portion in the timeline.

Could this be I didnt combine at the start of the first clip where the long sequence of video started why this is happening? I tried joining clips that were the second or third clip into the sequence.

I tried the file joiner program but it wouldnt operate on my PC.
Jason Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #59
Regular Crew

Quote:
Jared,

thank you!!! this works perfectly! :)
Ayman Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #60
New Boot

File Joiner Website

All,

I've created a small website where I've posted my program for joining the 2GB mts files generated by some video cameras.

The site is at : MTS File Joiner ?(MTS File Joiner?)

I'm just trying to spread the word to those that may be looking, that there's a way to splice the files together.

I hope that those that of you that have used my program aren't having any problems. I've recently heard from a couple of folks, one in Denmark and one in the US. The guy in the US was using a Panasonic HDC-SD9, which apparantly has the same problem as the Canon. I wonder if it's due to a common 32-bit chip that they're using?

Anyway, I hope you'll visit my site and leave comments if you've used it and describe any problems you had.

Thanks!!

Ken
Kenneth Ross is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders