HV20 Playback Problem...Need suggestions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old January 30th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #1
Major Player

HV20 Playback Problem...Need suggestions

Here is the scenerio...

I have HV20 and Xh-A1. Got the HV20 as playback deck for A1. I record in 30f on the XH-A1 and have not had any problems until recently using the HV20 to playback. I am using Panasonic AMQ60 tapes. I am using FCP Studio.

When I go to capture my SD footage from other cameras (Panasonic DVC30) I have no problems, all captures are successful without dropouts. However, when I put in footage recorded on the XH-A1 I get dropouts every 2-3 seconds continuously. When I put the tape in the A1, it plays fine and imports from the XH-A1 without any problems.

I thought my settings were the culprit but the settings did not change and the footage imported with XH-A1. Is the 30f causing a problem? It had not done so in the past. Could the heads have a problem? The last shoot I did with the HV-20 the footage was useless because it recorded dropouts every 2 or 3 seconds. Nothing consistent though, just random enough not to be a pattern.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Right now I am afraid to use my HV-20 to film anything and with the capture problem it is making owning this camera almost pointless. Thank you for your help or suggestions.

Jonathan Schwartz
Owner, CA Video Productions
Jonathan Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Try cleaning the HV20 really well.

M
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #3
Major Player

Problem

Mike,

I have run a Sony tape cleaner everytime I have this problem. Still will not play A1 tapes.

Jon
Jonathan Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Try recording and playing back with the HV20. If you don't have any trouble there, then you might have an alignment problem with one of the cameras. If that is the case, try playing tapes recorded in each camera in another camera to see which one is most likely out of alignment.

Good Luck----Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders