HV10 availability? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 26th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HV10 availability?

Hi guys,
I'm very happy w/ my HV10 so far, and have been recommending it to a few friends/coworkers who want a small, compact HDV camcorder for vacations etc...

However, seems the HV10 availability has shrunk now finally. I can't find it on any dvinfo sponsor stores, nor Amazon/retail stores. (Amazon only has from 3rd-party dealers now.)

Does anyone have a line on reputable, decent-price dealers/stores who still carry it, especially internet or N.California?

(If posting about non-sponsor sites is against the rules, please PM me instead, but I *have* checked BHPhoto and Zotz/videoguys etc on the sponsor list already.)

I'd recommend the HV20/30 to them in meantime of course, but they both like the very compact size for travelling, and aren't interested in the 24p etc features.

Thanks!
Colin Gould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

The HV10 was discontinued quite awhile back. It's no longer made. Therefore your chances of locating an unsold HV10 new-in-the-box are slim to none. Your best bet is to find a used one in good working condition.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #3
New Boot

beachcamera dot com still has them.

Andy Gruszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Colin

Iam in the uk and there is a company selling on ebay refurbished HV10 + other Canon camcorders, and in the last few weeks there been quite few for sale, just bought one for £290 these cameras are new and this is my second one with no problems

seems to be plenty about here
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks all!

from scanning other threads, seems like the HV20 might get scarce soon as well... will keep in mind.

Love my cam, and this forum, in the meantime :)
Colin Gould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #6
DVi Contributor

the HV10 an 20 make great ingest decks for the canon 24f mode footage. since canon will not make a deck. these units were picked up quickly for that purpose.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I picked my HV10 up as a display model at Circuit City a few months back. It's a great ingest deck for the price. I use it to feed 1080 footage shot with Sony cameras. I've also used it as a second camera for grabbing broll on my documentary shoots. I love it. If it had a mic input, I'd love it even more.
Adam Bauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gould View Post
Thanks all!

from scanning other threads, seems like the HV20 might get scarce soon as well... will keep in mind.

Love my cam, and this forum, in the meantime :)
It actually has risen in price, too. When the hv30 came out, prices for the hv20 dropped, but then suddenly rose again.
Sean James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I saw an HV10 on close-out at CC today in Syracuse, NY. I think the price was $550.
Jonathan Plotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #10
Major Player

I might be willing to part with my 5 month old HV10 that I've only ran 2 tapes thru..

I think the HV20/30 suite me better
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #11
Major Player

Hi guys

Just an update in case anyone is still looking for an HV10

I bought one in the UK when it came out and soon after purchased the HV20. I now have the Canon 550d and rarely use the HV20. The HV10 has only been used by me for approx 7 hours and is in mint condition. It is boxed with all the leads. It comes with a spare battery and a UV filter. It also has a circular polariser and official canon bag which fits it perfectly. I also have a raynox wide angle lens but I will probably sell that seperately.

If anyone is interested give me a shout.

Cheers
Fergus
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders