First Footage From My New HV30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 15th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #1
Trustee

First Footage From My New HV30

Here's some shots of Formula 1 cars I took while passing through Zurich airport last Monday. The colours are fantastic for such a cheap camera, I'm very impressed. It was quite cool being able to edit the shots, create the backing music and upload the finished clip while waiting for my next flight too.

Richard

http://www.vimeo.com/770502
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Nice!
How about uploading the original .m2t sample?

(Obviously you have the European model..)
Ken Johnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:11 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Ken. I bought mine in Singapore, not sure if it's the same model.

I will try to put a short m2t up later. You interested in anything in particular? I have some outside footage as well now.

Richard
Old March 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That's fine, I'm more interested on outdoor clips, thanx!
Ken Johnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #5
Trustee

Hi Ken. These were captured as one long clip using Vegas, and then split using HDVsplit. Apart from that, they are untouched. The camera was set to 25P mode, but I doubt if the clips are identified correctly, most likely they show as Upper Field First. The footage is a bit shaky because it was very very windy that day (which you can hear on the audio).

Richard

www.jaegersing.com/Caesaria-0024.m2t
www.jaegersing.com/Caesaria-0029.m2t
www.jaegersing.com/Caesaria-0032.m2t
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:40 AM   #6
Trustee

Hi Ken. I this will be a better example. Starting to get to know what I'm doing now with this cam.

Richard

http://www.jaegersing.com/25P_Test.m2t
Old March 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Richard,

Do you know the shutter speed for the clip you posted? Thanks for taking the time to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hunter View Post
Hi Ken. I this will be a better example. Starting to get to know what I'm doing now with this cam.

Richard

http://www.jaegersing.com/25P_Test.m2t
Paul Chiappini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 02:50 AM   #8
Trustee

Hi Paul. Don't know for sure, but I think it is 1/250s. The HV30 really really needs a Neutral Density filter, but I wasn't able to get any before I left for this overseas trip. I had to use a faster shutter speed to avoid stopping down the lens too much. I have some earlier outdoor footage shot at 1/50s and as expected the picture is quite nasty at f11 due to diffraction effects. What's nice is that the camera will warn you if it thinks the aperture is getting too small in Tv mode (the shutter speed flashes).

I included a zoom and vehicles moving side to side in the shot so you can see the 25P effect, albeit a bit more stroby due to the faster shutter. And you can open the file in Vegas and see that every frame is progressive. Ken didn't say why he wants this footage but I thought it might be useful in the absence of any specific info.

Richard
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:53 AM   #9
Trustee

Sorry I had to take down the m2t clip, cos it just used up my bandwidth allocation for the next month. Ha ha didn't even realise I had a bandwidth limit until now.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders