Playing HV20 footage in other cameras? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 25th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #1
New Boot

Playing HV20 footage in other cameras?

I see threads where the HV20 is cited as an acceptable playback device for some other cameras' footage, but does anyone know of any cameras capable of playing back 24p footage shot with an HV20? I have footage that I really need to work with, but no access to the original camera (HV20.)

Thanks!
John DeVincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DeVincent View Post
I see threads where the HV20 is cited as an acceptable playback device for some other cameras' footage, but does anyone know of any cameras capable of playing back 24p footage shot with an HV20? I have footage that I really need to work with, but no access to the original camera (HV20.)

Thanks!
I am afraid but then where is your camera!
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #3
New Boot

Unfortunately, it was stolen. It wasn't mine, and it wasn't stolen while in my possession, but it did have one of my tapes in it with some key interview footage. I'm sure it's in a dumpster somewhere. I still have about 8 hours of other footage and interviews that I'm going to try to assemble, though.

I'm about to send out feelers in my area to anyone who would have an HV20 to loan, but if there are other cameras that can do the job, I'd like to include those in the list in order to increase the chances of getting the job done.
John DeVincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 02:20 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I have used my FX1 to do some capturing, from HV20. Recently, it has rejected some attempts, but if I take the tape out and reposition it with a winder, it then works. I'm guessing that has something to do with timecode issue, or something like that.
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Canon HV10, HV20 and HV30. Also, Sony GV-HD700 (VCR).
Pedanes Bol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedanes Bol View Post
Sony GV-HD700 (VCR).
Hey, thanks for that info. A while back I was looking at decks but then discovered that there are different formats of HDV and that decks made by one company wouldn't necessarily play tapes recorded on equipment from another company.

Are there other decks that are known to work with HV20 tapes as well?
David Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #7
New Boot

Many thanks to all! I'm grateful to have a place to come when I need help like this.
John DeVincent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders