need long lens hood for teleprompter cowling to grab around? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 31st, 2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

need long lens hood for teleprompter cowling to grab around?

I just got in one of these teleprompters:

http://prompterpeople.com/universal15detail.htm

My issue is that there's no place for the cowling to fit around the lens of the HV20.

And the top and the sides of the cowling want to vignette the image - I think a long lens hood would support the cowling and keep it out of the frame.

I really need to also have it extend out for a few inches, so that I can easily use the front controls on the HV20.

Any ideas?
Les Caudle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Major Player

How about just a step-up ring? Something big like 50-70mm.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Edward - what is a step-up ring? Can you link me to some that would be compatible with the HV20?

Thanks!
Les Caudle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Major Player

A step-up ring changes filter threads from one size to another. You first need to know what size filter threads you lens has. This is usually marked with a ø then a number in mm. To get a hood big enough for what you want, you will probably need to get a step-up ring anyway. You can get rings at your local camera shop (still or video) or online from B&H or Adorama. This is not necessarily the one you want, but it is a basic example for a step-up ring: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...p_Up_Ring.html
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders