time lapse vs the sun - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 15th, 2008, 06:00 AM   #16
New Boot

Bert,

That's exactly what it is. It triggers the shutter at 'user defined' intervals for time lapse when the camcorder is set to photo mode.

On a separate note, but using similar logic - I connect a 6 ft fiber optic cable to the remote that came with the HV20 to capture nature closeups without scaring the critters off.
Loren Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM   #17
Major Player

I can't wait to see how yours come out.
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #18
New Boot

Well --

the good news is that I did get about 800 photos in sequence over a period of hours, so the intervalometer does work as advertised.

the bad news is that I haven't been able to draw them all into Vegas 7 and I'm not sure if it's a Vegas setting, or my pc doesn't have enough power or memory
(5 yr old Dell Pentium 4 - 2.8 ghz - 3 gb ram).

So you won't get to see any results until I figure out what the obstacle is.
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #19
Major Player

Did you import them as an image sequence ? In Vegas click on the 1st picture in the folder then at the bottom check import image sequence or something then it asks what frame rate 12,15,24,or 30fps. It will bring them in as a video clip.

If you have any questions message me on Vimeo.

Joey AKA Lucasberg
Old April 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #20
New Boot

I reduced the size of the images to 320x240 to see if that alleviated the problem loading into Vegas 7 and it did.

But each obstacle I fight through, has another right behind it.

On to the Vegas forums next with some questions!!!
Old April 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #21
New Boot

I have used the camera and the FS-C (external recorder) to do time lapse and slow motion clips. You get the same resolution (as you would in the Photo Mode) if you use the camera in the HDV mode and using Premiere CS3 I have compressed the timeline by a factor of 100 and streached it by a factor of 10 (you can do any factor you choose). I use the time compression for cloud development and sunrise/sunset clips and the time streach (and 30P mode 1/2000 of a second shutter priority) for recording the aerodynamics of finches around my bird feeder. The FS-C 100GB model will record about 8 hours of HDV video from a camera in the standby mode (no tape being used, no head wear)
Terry Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders