Hf10, Hg10, Hv20, Xha1, at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 17th, 2008, 05:55 PM   #1
Major Player

Hf10, Hg10, Hv20, Xha1,

I have all those and an xlh1 and sony ex cam sitting here so leaving out the sony any tests people woudl like to have me run to see the file differences?

I just checked and it seems the base iso of the HF10 is about the same as the HG10 and HV20 which is around 100-120 iso the XHA1, XLH1 are 320 equivalent and the sony was 400 at 1080 and almost 800 at 720P mode which I never use really.

I like the fact that the HF is so much smaller and lighter and more battery efficient than the HG10 was.

The same work around applies to control exposure, shutter and gain you do need to enable the digital photo while in video mode to activate it and it also lets you see the shutter and aperture when you press the photo button.

Sadly, like the HG10 there are no zebras or sd crop line markers.

My hg10 screen is much brighter by default.
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:23 AM   #2
Trustee

Stephen, the problem I would foresee based on my experience with the HF10, is that its color doesn't seem to match anything at times, even using MWB. I also found the gamma of the cam to be a bit whacky too with a pushed contrast. So I would think you'd have trouble matching its output to even a cam like the HV20, let alone an XHA1.

I know when I was testing the HF10, I didn't think it mated well at all to my HV20.
Ken Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #3
Major Player

how about to the hg10?

I have to do some direct same subject comparisons to see if they match at all, but they will not often be of the same thing, maybe different view, or different angle or perspective so exact matching may not be as crucial.
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Eastwood View Post
how about to the hg10?

I have to do some direct same subject comparisons to see if they match at all, but they will not often be of the same thing, maybe different view, or different angle or perspective so exact matching may not be as crucial.
I'm pretty sure you'll have better luck with the HG10.
Ken Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
I'm pretty sure you'll have better luck with the HG10.
Shame to hear.

Lcukily I have both plus the hv20, xha1, xlh1 and some others I will likely keep this just to run around and shoot about some stock stuff and just to carry around everywhere since its so small :)

Last edited by Stephen Eastwood; April 18th, 2008 at 10:29 PM.
Stephen Eastwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders