Unexpected solution for HV20 HDV capture problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Unexpected solution for HV20 HDV capture problem

Hi All,
a solution this time, not just a problem:

This afternoon I had a really hard time capturing HDV from my HV20. Both my computers (WinXP SP2) refused to capture HDV, and would only capture DV. HDVsplit wouldnt even recognise it.
I tried everything: change the output setting in the camera menu, reinstalling camera drivers, disabling autoplay on the camera, checking the device manager, searching for new DVHS drivers (probably missing the point, but hey you get desperate and I read that someplace...), disabling other firewire devices, using different pieces of capture software, nothing. Took me two hours I think.

I finally decided to remove the battery and AC power because I was beginning to suspect the camera. This is when I stumbled upon....a tiny reset button, behind the battery.

So I got a paperclip, reset the cam, hooked it up, captured HDV no problems!
Definitely something to keep in mind.

Happy end!
Pieter
Pieter Jongerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

thanks for sharing,

sure something to keep in mind, these things fail in the worse moment usually..
Alberto Blades is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders