Color Shift Under High Humidty, Cooler Conditions... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old October 19th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Color Shift Under High Humidty, Cooler Conditions...

I have an HV20. I have been shooting footage on my boat under overcast conditions, a bit cool, I have noticed that as the day goes on, there appears to a color shift - everything seems to take on a pink tinge. It is not present early in the day, and disappears after I get home. Could this be related to some sort of mositure buildup in the camera?
John Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 05:49 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Have you tried manually white balancing when you notice the color shift?
Dan Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Robinson View Post
Have you tried manually white balancing when you notice the color shift?
I haven't. To be honest, I didn't notice this until after I got home and looked at the footage in the editor. Then I pulled up some older footage, and could see the same thing.

I am a newbie at video, but an experienced still photographer. Is it normal for a video camera's AWB to shift like this? My EOS 20D did not have a problem with AWB under the same conditions....
John Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Loo View Post
I haven't. To be honest, I didn't notice this until after I got home and looked at the footage in the editor. Then I pulled up some older footage, and could see the same thing.

I am a newbie at video, but an experienced still photographer. Is it normal for a video camera's AWB to shift like this? My EOS 20D did not have a problem with AWB under the same conditions....
MY cams are sony FX-7 + SR-12 and they do do at times lose correct awb which can be a pain,the trouble is awb is best for accuracy on both cams when it stays working alright.I find if its all sun or all shade awb works best but when it keeps changing is when awb problems can happen.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders