Canon HV40 discussion thread - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 21st, 2009, 08:35 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Thieda View Post
I am now rethinking my possible purchase of an HV30 when the price is going up, instead of going down like I had hoped. Although, I guess there will always be the dvinfo classifieds available to me in another 40 days or so. As for now, I figure this trend will probably continue to push new buyers, such as myself, to the HV40 as it's arrival creeps up on us. If I do fall victim to such a move, I do have one question regarding the features of the HV40, which is not so much what it has included, but what might have been taken away? The elder Thieda has been urging me to be weary of such possibilities, so I thought I might post it to see if anyone has seen any of the HV30's options removed from this new model?

Thanks, Justin
If its got a stronger body and less vivid red would help turn it into a fairly good machine.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:32 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Rickert View Post
Ahh, I've been thinking of picking up an HV30 to use as a second camera with my XHA1, but then of course, Canon had to go and release the XHA1s. I have about $1100.00 in my "buy something fund" but it's sounding like I should wait for the HV40?
I personally went with the HV 30 (which is waiting for me in a box in Canada... ) to compliment my XH-A1 because:

1. $$$$$!
2. I can do more radical things with the HV30 (bike mount!)
3. I think i can use it more anonymously for candid footage (maybe even hidden in a bag...)
4. It will be somewhat easier to operate the XH-A1 on a tripod and quickly grab the HV 30 for mobile/establishing shots (on a Merlin?), or to change up the angle in a static interview situation
5. Again, $$$$$$$!
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders