DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   H43 in black? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/141522-h43-black.html)

Jackie Morton January 13th, 2009 09:09 PM

H43 in black?

I haven't been able to find one in black to match my black HV30 - any suggestions please?

Lou Bruno January 13th, 2009 11:11 PM

Only Silver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie Morton (Post 994568)
I haven't been able to find one in black to match my black HV30 - any suggestions please?

Jackie Morton January 14th, 2009 01:45 PM

Dammit, that's gonna look like crap on a black cam. :) Can I spraypaint it or something? Also, who has the best price on it?

Lou Bruno January 14th, 2009 07:24 PM

Spray paint will effect the glass elements. Why not carefully wrap it with a light black tape?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie Morton (Post 994941)
Dammit, that's gonna look like crap on a black cam. :) Can I spraypaint it or something? Also, who has the best price on it?

Stan Chase January 15th, 2009 12:26 PM

Try this link and read Bruce Foreman's info on an inexpensive black wide angle adaptor that works well:

HF11 with .5X W/A adapter... - The Digital Video Information Network

Bruno Donnet January 20th, 2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie Morton (Post 994568)

I use a Panasonic 43mm x0.7 ref code VW-W4307H (the letter H at the end is important: it's the HD version). It is black and is a little smaller and lighter in weight than the Canon wide-angle.
Its quality is vey good too.

Battle Vaughan January 20th, 2009 04:05 PM

With a smile --- I am reminded of a quote from Oscar Barnack, the man who invented the Leica, when told how nice his lenses looked ---"Please, lenses are to be looked THROUGH, not AT..." Battle Vaughan/maimherald.com video team

Galen Rath January 20th, 2009 08:53 PM

Having come out with the HV40 to continue this line, and still not doing that lens in black, doesn't speak well for Canon. That is just plain dumb, this isn't 1960. It isn't that hard to do. I'll never buy a silver one.

John Hotze January 21st, 2009 02:47 PM

I've thought about it but haven't. I don't see why you couldn't carefully mask the lens at both ends and spray paint it with a flat or some sort of spray paint without damaging the lens. I'm sure painting the lens frame isn't going to hurt the lens as long as you don't allow any paint to get on either front or back lenses.

Derek Shantz January 26th, 2009 03:52 PM

raynox! the glass is not as good but it is black and looks way badder.

Michael Kraus January 26th, 2009 10:55 PM

I personally would go with a better looking video than a better looking camera.

Colin McDonald January 27th, 2009 03:05 PM

Or maybe you could persuade someone to swap you their HV20 so that your colours co-ordinate better.

C.S. Michael January 28th, 2009 06:44 PM

I just bought a (black) Schneider Optics 0.5x for about $160. Haven't has much chance to use it, but first impressions are good. Unlike the WD-H43, it's very lightweight and has a 67mm front thread for filters. It also has a nice & sturdy, tight-fitting lens cap (the Canon H43 lens cap is flimsy plastic and tends to fall off).

The downside to the Schneider Optics 0.5x is that it's only partial zoom-through, with a zoom range of about 30%. And if only it came in silver (since I have HV20s ;-))...

Ryan Avery January 29th, 2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.S. Michael (Post 1002832)
I just bought a (black) Schneider Optics 0.5x for about $160. Haven't has much chance to use it, but first impressions are good. Unlike the WD-H43, it's very lightweight and has a 67mm front thread for filters. It also has a nice & sturdy, tight-fitting lens cap (the Canon H43 lens cap is flimsy plastic and tends to fall off).

The downside to the Schneider Optics 0.5x is that it's only partial zoom-through, with a zoom range of about 30%. And if only it came in silver (since I have HV20s ;-))...

We also make a .65x that is zoom through. Roughly double the cost but still small and takes a 67mm filter.

.65X WIDE ANGLE CONVERTER 43MM - Schneider Optics

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Bruno Donnet January 30th, 2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Avery (Post 1003488)
We also make a .65x that is zoom through. Roughly double the cost but still small and takes a 67mm filter.

Your Web site doesn't mention the exact size and weight of this WA...
Can these data be provided?