Hfs-10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 30th, 2009, 05:20 AM   #1
Major Player

Hfs-10

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon HFS-10 Camcorder ?
Apparently it records 24mb AVCHD so I assume video quality should be pretty good and they also boast good low light.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Starway Pictures

Never used this camera before.

But I think this might be in the wrong thread. You might get better user feedback from the smaller Canon camera forums here:

Canon VIXIA HV40 / HV30 / HV20 / HV10 - The Digital Video Information Network
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Wrangler

Moved from the XL H forum.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #4
Tourist

I'm also interested in getting any reviews from HV users about the HFS10 camera. I'm thinking about buying my first camera and I'm wondering if I should get an HV30/40 which looks like a great camera, or just get the HF S10.
Guy Wozniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #5
Inner Circle

ACTUALLY... there's a forum here for AVCHD cameras! And there's a good deal of discussion on the HF-S (AVCHD after all!) as well as some links to side by side footage... one more move?

It will come down to whether you want to stick with tape or go tapeless/AVCHD - with the extra horsepower required to edit.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:42 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Ron,
Check the vids in signature.Not much AVCHD shot by me I am afraid.I shoot to Cineform but I do have a couple of comparison videos.
Henry
Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Tourist

I am in the same position as Guy Wozniak, does anyone know if the adjustable settings on the HV40 will be like the HSF10/100? and if the low light quality will be better in the HV40? I decided to wait for the release and get the full info on it, thoughts though?
Eric Kueper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders