Cineform and Blackmagic with Canon HV cams at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 3rd, 2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cineform and Blackmagic with Canon HV cams

I thought I'd put this post up for those interested in different approaches to using the
Canon HV series of cameras...

1. Blackmagic has just announced new prices for the Intensity Pro, its now reduced
from $349 to $199.

For Canon HV cams this gives you the ability to do two things...
You can offload the taped footage through the HDMI port
and the most important thing is you can capture full rastor non-compressed video
straight from the sensor.

2. Cineform.... Whats the big deal with Blackmagic and Cineform... when you use the
Blackmagic Intesity Pro with Cineform you don't have to have a huge setup of raid
hard drives for non-compressed capture, you get video display on the computer
screen during the capture process, you get 24P pulldown realtime during capture and
the footage gets converted to a wavelet intermediate format thats much much easier
to work with your NLE. Plus much more control over color correction of your footage...
Cineform treats your original footage as if it were RAW footage just like you work RAW
stills in Photoshop...

Both Blackmagic and Cineform do more than I've put here but I think I've hit the more important attributes of both...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders