Can I backup to DV tape? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 26th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #1
Major Player

Can I backup to DV tape?

I currently am shooting with two different formats, a Canon HV30 and my HF200. After shooting the footage on my HF200, I copy the footage/files to my editing PC (Dual Hard Drives Mirrored)

I am wondering is there anyway possible i can backup this ORIGINAL UNEDITIED file that is created by my HF200 to a DV tape using the Print to Tape option or something with my HV30 and Sony Vegas? I keep my tapes off site.

Thanks
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Major Player

You sure can...

Once its in your editing system, it'll need to be converted to HDV. Then you can simply "print to tape. using firewire.

Dunno about what NLE you are using, but thats what you do with Final Cut Pro on the Mac side. Bring footage into an HDV timeline and lay to tape using the HV30.

Hope this helps.
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #3
Major Player

I am using Vegas Pro....SO.. converting to HDV -what your basically saying is to Render it as HDV with the highest settings?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders