Third Party BP-819? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 28th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Third Party BP-819?

Like many who have the HF10, HF100 etc, my battery has a pretty short life. So I need to buy a new battery for my camera. I know the Canon one is almost $100, so I was wondering if anyone has tried any third party battery.
Wendell Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Major Player

Do a search for a "decoded BP827". It's a much bigger battery that will last for several hours, and will correctly report the battery life. Other 3rd party batteries aren't chipped/decoded, and while they work well enough, you don't know how much life is left.
Kin Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Inner Circle

We have two types of BP-827 available.

This is the Bp-827 without the info-chip. You will get a warning everytime you turn on the camera. The LCD screen will not show remaining battery level. however, there is a button and 4 LED indication on the front on the battery that you can check the remaining battery level easily.
BP-827 Canon Compatible Battery with LED Indicator | L.A. Color Shop

This is the fully decoded BP-827 that function just like the stock canon battery.. and less than half the price.
Canon BP-827 Fully Decoded Compatible Battery | L.A. Color Shop

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders