HFS 21 problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 6th, 2010, 05:56 AM   #1
Tourist

HFS 21 problem

Hi all
I have a new hfs21 which I'm still learning to use. My problem is when I make a DVD from my footage, when I play the DVD on the computer or TV, I get numbers and date/time on the screen. The numbers and date/time on the left side go after a few minutes and the date/time on the right side stays for the whole DVD. Who would want this crap on their DVD's?... I don't..... I'm hoping it is something simple that I have overlooked. I've read the manual many times and Canon haven't replied to my emails. I'm hoping someone on this forum knows how to set up the camera so this doesn't happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated...... cheers peter b
Peter Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Trustee

What software and workflow are you using to create your DVD? If these date codes aren't visible during any other part of your workflow but the final DVD, then I think it's a setting in your DVD creation software.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #3
Tourist

HFS 21 problem

thanks Jay for the reply, I think you may be part right.,the numbers and date/time that go after a few minutes , will most likely be in the computer program somewhere. I hadn't thought of this. But the date/time that remains on the DVD the whole time is also on the camera before I make the DVD , so I conclude that this must be a camera setup problem. I have just spent the last 3 hours adjusting the camera settings, make a test dvd , adjust the settings, make a dvd ,but still no joy. It must be there somewhere? I will keep trying.....thanks peter b
Peter Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 05:34 AM   #4
Tourist

hf s21 problem

Success almost. I phoned Canon Australia today and spoke to a very helpfull young lady, who's name I can't remember. It took about 10 minutes to solve. On page 137 of the manual under the heading " To embed the recording date and time" it tells you how to put it on so to get rid of it just turn it off. Pity it didn't mention this in the menu of the manual. Now to get rid of the data code and I'll be a happy camper.
cheers peter b
Peter Bennett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders