Please Help - Preserving AVCHD quality off camera - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old September 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #46
Major Player

Re: Please Help - Preserving AVCHD quality off camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Salta View Post
Just to make sure we're not getting our bits and bytes mixed up.. I meant to say the rate it 147 mbits/s.
Use a format no larger than 25 mbits/sec for streaming on a local wired network.
Eric Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Actually, I tried 47mbps (47000 kbps) and it's completely smooth. BUT, the quality is still no where close to being as good as the Full Quality of the original (or the BluRay that I burned of the original)

So tell me if you think this statement is true:

There is really no way to stream full BluRay quality over a LAN.
Tom Salta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #48
Inner Circle

I can stream 28mbps 60P mts files from my Sony CX700 from my WIN7 64bit PC over my network to my PS3 and they look just like the originals played directly to the same TV. Files are simply registered with Windows Media Player. They are then seen by the PS3 which will play them. I still think you have a Media Server or MAC issue.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #49
Wrangler

FWIW: BD Video movies have a maximum data transfer rate of 54 Mbit/s, a maximum AV bitrate of 48 Mbit/s (for both audio and video data), and a maximum video bit rate of 40 Mbit/s.

HDV stream is about 25 Mbits/sec, about the same as the max AVCHD rate from camcorders like the XA10. Camcorders like the XF300 have a 50 Mbit/s rate as well.

FastEthernet is 100 Mbits/sec (regular Ethernet was 10 MBits/s). But Ethernet is only cabable of attining perhaps 50% to 70% of that rate as through put in the real world. GigaBitEthernet is corrspondingly faster, but everything in the chain has to be capable of that speed.

Note sure what the 147 Mbits/sec is, but it sure sounds like Apple's ProRes 422, a somewhat compressed but still lossy internediate codec used by Apple/FCP, not a native format used by typical camcorders or playback gear- and not all that friendly to things outside the world of MACs. That may he issue.
Old September 14th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #50
Inner Circle

Yes my network is a Gigabit network with my editing PC on a Gigabit switch on one segment in my room. The PS3 is on the main router in another room.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders