Canon HV series -- various sample clips - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old September 26th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #376
Regular Crew

Naked HV30 in Morocco

Hello,

This is my first posting in this neck of the woods.

First in a series of videos I shot on a photo/video trip to Morocco this summer-I bought the HV30 just for this trip. Shot over 2 mornings in Fes, Morocco, the small form factor of the camera was a great way to get a lot of shots that I wouldn't have been able to get with a full size camera.

After editing in FCP I sent the HDV timeline to Color and then output as ProRes, but for the next video will reverse telecine and convert to ProRes in Compressor before editing, which I think is a much better workflow.

Fes Awakens on Vimeo

Thanks!

Gerry
Gerry Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 02:46 AM   #377
Regular Crew

First footage.....

This is the first footage I've shot with my new HV30 HV30 'VIDEODOODLE' No.1 on Vimeo

It's all just meaningless footage,what I call a 'videodoodle'. I must say I'm loving this camera though.
Old October 8th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #378
Regular Crew

Some paintball filmed with HV30

These were the first couple of shots ever taken with my HV30. I really love this camera!

LVP NPPL Practice on Vimeo
Chris Leffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #379
Major Player

Pampas grass, and an iron tree

I shot two videos yesterday, a relaxing nature one:
Pampas grass on windy afternoon on Vimeo

and a myopic view of a new modern art-something that they installed near our home:
The San Mateo Tree on Vimeo

Both were shot with a stock HV20, and an ND filter. Edited with Sony Vegas and graded with Magic Bullet in a few hours.
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:52 AM   #380
Major Player

Part of the Thunderbirds show in Atlanta "Dobbins ARB"

"Pre Thunderbirds Show Atlanta Dobbins ARB 2008"

Shot with a Canon HV20 in 1080p24 and downres to 720p24

Edited in FCP and Color, encoded to H264 using MPEGStreamClip.

Excuse the poor stabilization but it was all handheld and after hours of standing there your arms can go weak.

Pre Thunderbirds Show Atlanta Dobbins ARB 2008 on Vimeo
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #381
Major Player

Android

Android is a Google smartphone project that recently was open sourced. In front of the lawn of my husband's work building at Google there's this gigantic Android that I thought it would be fun to shoot.

Android on Vimeo
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #382
Trustee

Rosh Hanikra

This is a short video of the old border crossing at Rosh Hanikra in northern Israel, showing the spectacular cliffs and grotto.

This was shot with a Canon HV30. The ND4 filter really helps to keep the lens near it's sweet spot. Colours are as they came from the camera.

Richard

Rosh Hanikra on Vimeo
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #383
Major Player

Dreaming Cairns

Hi everyone

We recently went to Cairns for a little holiday and so I took my trusty Hv30 and the RNG35 adapter and put together a little video to capture how we felt about our time there. I have to say Cairns and the surround area has a huge amount of opportunity to capture some wonderful footage, so one day I'll be going back to just dedicate the whole time to film.

Dreaming Cairns on Vimeo
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #384
Inner Circle

Nice atmospheric piece Peter, at 1.41 where exactly is that up there? Thx.

Cheers.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #385
Major Player

Thanks mate, that's Paranella Park a few k's past Innisfail, pretty cool to see some Spanish architecture that's looks more like something you'd find in South America.
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #386
Major Player

Really beautiful stuff! Sign me up for the next helicopter tour :) Like Allan, I also wondered where that place was at around 1:41; Paranella Park absolutely looks magical.

Which lens did you use with your RNG35, and how do you like using the adapter so far?

Best,
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:25 AM   #387
Major Player

hehe, yeah I've been to Paranella park twice already it is just magical, If I had a whole day there just to film it I would :)

The RNG35 does quiet well, its not flipped so the shots are harder to take but will be getting a flip soon.

I used a variety of lenses, They were Olympus 50mm, Vivitar 28mm and a Tamron 28-70mm which I decided after the trip to use it very minimally, just way too much vignetting anything bellow 40mm, I'll use it for macro and 50-70mm shots but I'll have to invest in a much better zoom lens, and well nothing beats prime lenses.
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #388
Major Player

New Music Video - Ambientz 'Crush'

This video was shot back in July for a local hip hop MC by the name of Ambientz who records his tracks at my studio. I asked if he wanted a music video, and a few days later we shot it! The shoot was a bit over an hour at the beach down the road. No preparation, just turned up with the camera and shot it.

Shot on the HV20 as always with the SG Pro Rev3, both working flawlessly. All natural lighting with no reflectors or anything like that, but some secondary colour correction in Vegas was used to brighten his face in a few parts as well adding more colour to the sky too.

It can be viewed and downloaded (if you're signed in) at Ambientz - 'Crush' music video on Vimeo or Ambientz - 'Crush' music video By Glenn Thomas On ExposureRoom

Old November 17th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #389
Major Player

Kites!

My husband and I visited Santa Rosa and Bodega Bay this weekend, and so here's one of the two videos I shot with the HV20 there. HD version, and download: Kites on Vimeo
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #390
Major Player

The second and final video from our weekend trip, a relaxing, nature video: fall foliage on Vimeo
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders