DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   HV10 XP Adobe Premiere 2.0 capture problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/82209-hv10-xp-adobe-premiere-2-0-capture-problems.html)

Ryan Kingston (Guest) December 20th, 2006 09:03 PM

HV10 XP Adobe Premiere 2.0 capture problems

Ok I am having issues with capturing using hdv/dv mode set. I have to set it to DV locked mode in order to be able to use capture. Ive tried many of the different settings for HD in adobe. Can anyone help me? I used capDVHS to capture with no problem, but it makes me convert the mpg to avi using sorenson squeeze in order to import it to Premiere then. Ive seen others that seem to be able to import into premiere using the same basic setup. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! Ryan

Ryan Kingston (Guest) December 21st, 2006 11:24 PM

Anyone Anyone? Bueller.... Bueller. lol Hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction here, and help eliminate a few variables

Christo Aaron December 22nd, 2006 11:32 AM

Capture to Sony Vegas 6 using Win XP OS, has problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Kingston
Ok I am having issues with capturing using hdv/dv mode set. I have to set it to DV locked mode in order to be able to use capture. Ive tried many of the different settings for HD in adobe. Can anyone help me? I used capDVHS to capture with no problem, but it makes me convert the mpg to avi using sorenson squeeze in order to import it to Premiere then. Ive seen others that seem to be able to import into premiere using the same basic setup. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! Ryan

Hello Ryan,
I have problems as well. It seems the Win XP OS will not accept the shipped driver (DVTWN666_JE) found on Canon cdrom. As it is labled Win98/2000. Nor will it load the other driver labled for ME OS. If somebody has had similar problems and found a driver that works in the WIN XP OS, needed to capture the DV from the Canon HV-10, please post a link to that for us.
Also, I downloaded the available drivers from the Canon site, they will not work either.
Happy Holidays,
Christo

Ryan Kingston (Guest) December 22nd, 2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo Aaron
Hello Ryan,
I have problems as well. It seems the Win XP OS will not accept the shipped driver (DVTWN666_JE) found on Canon cdrom. As it is labled Win98/2000. Nor will it load the other driver labled for ME OS. If somebody has had similar problems and found a driver that works in the WIN XP OS, needed to capture the DV from the Canon HV-10, please post a link to that for us.
Also, I downloaded the available drivers from the Canon site, they will not work either.
Happy Holidays,
Christo

Not sure on yours Im afraid. I found a solution. For whatever reason my premiere install had and issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and the hdv option showed up and worked well. Now Im working on finding the best option for export. The HV10 from what Ive seen so far has alot of interlace lines, so working on a solution for the export that eliminates those and still supports the native resolution. CINEFORM trial works well so far.

Per Johan Naesje December 22nd, 2006 03:52 PM

I did not install any driver at all. Using WinXP SP2.
My Hv10 is discovered every time i connect it with firewire. So you might not need to install any driver at all if you use WinXP.

Colin Gould December 22nd, 2006 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo Aaron
Hello Ryan,
Happy Holidays,
Christo

Note- The cable and Canon software/disk drivers are for *USB STILL PHOTO TRANSFER* - NOT for DV nor HDV video. The included cable is a USB cable.

Buy a firewire cable, and WinXPsp2 should recognize it with no driver needed.
Would be nice if Canon included a firewire cable, and this confusion would be avoided...

For info on how HDV cameras show up under Device Manager, see some connection instructions-
it's NOT under Imaging devices, like DV cameras...
it's AV/C device under Sound/Video/Game controllers...
http://www.ulead.com/learning/msp/msp8_02_03.htm