HV10 XP Adobe Premiere 2.0 capture problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old December 20th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HV10 XP Adobe Premiere 2.0 capture problems

Ok I am having issues with capturing using hdv/dv mode set. I have to set it to DV locked mode in order to be able to use capture. Ive tried many of the different settings for HD in adobe. Can anyone help me? I used capDVHS to capture with no problem, but it makes me convert the mpg to avi using sorenson squeeze in order to import it to Premiere then. Ive seen others that seem to be able to import into premiere using the same basic setup. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! Ryan
Ryan Kingston (Guest) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Anyone Anyone? Bueller.... Bueller. lol Hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction here, and help eliminate a few variables
Old December 22nd, 2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Capture to Sony Vegas 6 using Win XP OS, has problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Kingston
Ok I am having issues with capturing using hdv/dv mode set. I have to set it to DV locked mode in order to be able to use capture. Ive tried many of the different settings for HD in adobe. Can anyone help me? I used capDVHS to capture with no problem, but it makes me convert the mpg to avi using sorenson squeeze in order to import it to Premiere then. Ive seen others that seem to be able to import into premiere using the same basic setup. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! Ryan
Hello Ryan,
I have problems as well. It seems the Win XP OS will not accept the shipped driver (DVTWN666_JE) found on Canon cdrom. As it is labled Win98/2000. Nor will it load the other driver labled for ME OS. If somebody has had similar problems and found a driver that works in the WIN XP OS, needed to capture the DV from the Canon HV-10, please post a link to that for us.
Also, I downloaded the available drivers from the Canon site, they will not work either.
Happy Holidays,
Christo
Christo Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:17 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo Aaron
Hello Ryan,
I have problems as well. It seems the Win XP OS will not accept the shipped driver (DVTWN666_JE) found on Canon cdrom. As it is labled Win98/2000. Nor will it load the other driver labled for ME OS. If somebody has had similar problems and found a driver that works in the WIN XP OS, needed to capture the DV from the Canon HV-10, please post a link to that for us.
Also, I downloaded the available drivers from the Canon site, they will not work either.
Happy Holidays,
Christo
Not sure on yours Im afraid. I found a solution. For whatever reason my premiere install had and issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and the hdv option showed up and worked well. Now Im working on finding the best option for export. The HV10 from what Ive seen so far has alot of interlace lines, so working on a solution for the export that eliminates those and still supports the native resolution. CINEFORM trial works well so far.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:52 PM   #5
Trustee

I did not install any driver at all. Using WinXP SP2.
My Hv10 is discovered every time i connect it with firewire. So you might not need to install any driver at all if you use WinXP.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 10:26 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo Aaron
Hello Ryan,
Happy Holidays,
Christo
Note- The cable and Canon software/disk drivers are for *USB STILL PHOTO TRANSFER* - NOT for DV nor HDV video. The included cable is a USB cable.

Buy a firewire cable, and WinXPsp2 should recognize it with no driver needed.
Would be nice if Canon included a firewire cable, and this confusion would be avoided...

For info on how HDV cameras show up under Device Manager, see some connection instructions-
it's NOT under Imaging devices, like DV cameras...
it's AV/C device under Sound/Video/Game controllers...
http://www.ulead.com/learning/msp/msp8_02_03.htm
Colin Gould is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders