DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Hv20 At Birns This Saturday!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/86002-hv20-birns-saturday.html)

Jim Martin February 8th, 2007 06:48 PM

Hv20 At Birns This Saturday!!

As part of our Canon H1/G1/A/1 seminar this Saturday@9am, Canon is bringing us a HV20 prototype to check out. The Seminar costs $30 and we feed you. There is more info in the A1/G1 section.

Jim Martin

Mike Horrigan February 8th, 2007 07:26 PM

I'll gladly pay the $30.00 if you will fly me down there! :)

If anyone goes to this PLEASE post your impressions.

Thanks,

Mike

Betsy Moore February 9th, 2007 06:13 AM

Any food for vegetarians? This IS LA you know:)

Chris Hurd February 9th, 2007 07:47 AM

I understand Jim Martin has a predilection for celery sticks, so don't let him out of your sight.

Charles Papert February 9th, 2007 11:21 AM

What Jim does on his own time is his business...!

Looking forward to it and seeing the new camera in action. Very cool.

Jim Martin February 9th, 2007 12:50 PM

Carrots..........melon, assorted fruits and...Yes Betsy, we'll have something for you. Just so you know, everyone who eats meat will be automatically be entered in a drawing for a free HV20...but you've made your choice.

Jim Martin

JOKE!

Mike Horrigan February 9th, 2007 12:59 PM

LOL! :)

I may have to fly down for this after all.

;)

Jim Martin February 9th, 2007 03:48 PM

Alright....I thought everyone was sharper than this. I got some phone calls....No there is no drawing for a HV20 and there is no Santa Claus.

Mike Horrigan February 9th, 2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Martin
Alright....I thought everyone was sharper than this. I got some phone calls....No there is no drawing for a HV20 and there is no Santa Claus.

LOL! That's why I put a ;) after my post.

Hard to believe that you received calls for that.

Eat more beef, win a Canon HV20!

:)

Wait a sec... what's this about Santa Claus?

Jim Martin February 9th, 2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Horrigan
LOL! That's why I put a ;) after my post.

Hard to believe that you received calls for that.

Eat more beef, win a Canon HV20!

:)

Wait a sec... what's this about Santa Claus?

He's this guy in a red suit that actually thinks once a year he goes down the chimney of every house in the world and leaves presents....if your good. Now I knew this bully up the street named Todd, and every year he got presents and I knew he was BAD so ...........

Betsy Moore February 9th, 2007 06:00 PM

But there is a free HV20 for every herbavore, right?

Jim Martin February 9th, 2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsy Moore
But there is a free HV20 for every herbavore, right?

Betsy, Betsy, Betsy.......Meat eaters get an HV20 plus a chance to win a H1 but all veggies get a slightly used ZR20s. If you show, I might be able to get you something special from the back.

Charles Papert February 11th, 2007 02:08 PM

We came, we saw, we munched on both meat and vegetables, and while Jim was occupied in the back a bunch of us stole most of the contents of the showroom (wow, imagine if there actually turned out to be things missing and I get a knock on my door in the next few hours--someone come bail me out if that ends up to be the case...)!

No but really, it was a very informative and engaging morning/afternoon, thanks so much to Greg for the wealth of patiently delivered information, and Jim for hosting.

Jim Martin February 12th, 2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert
We came, we saw, we munched on both meat and vegetables, and while Jim was occupied in the back a bunch of us stole most of the contents of the showroom (wow, imagine if there actually turned out to be things missing and I get a knock on my door in the next few hours--someone come bail me out if that ends up to be the case...)!

No but really, it was a very informative and engaging morning/afternoon, thanks so much to Greg for the wealth of patiently delivered information, and Jim for hosting.

I'm glad everyone had a good time. Now as for stealing stuff.....1/2 the time I sat in the back and kept my eye on you and a few others. The other half of the time, I was in the back watching you on all the security cameras SOO you didn't think I saw you take that 3rd sandwich......pastrami with cheese.
Anyway, the HV20 is shaped really nice, feels good, and layed out well. We think it will be the perfect "C" camera.

Jim Martin

John Godden February 13th, 2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Martin
As part of our Canon H1/G1/A/1 seminar this Saturday@9am, Canon is bringing us a HV20 prototype to check out. The Seminar costs $30 and we feed you. There is more info in the A1/G1 section.

Jim Martin

Jim

Did the rep confirm when the H20 would be available for US sales?

Thanks
JohnG