HV10 and Vista at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 20th, 2007, 06:29 AM   #1
Tourist

HV10 and Vista

Does anyone know if the HV10 will work under Vista? Especially the 64bit version?
Brad Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

HV10 isn't software, so it will work :)
joking aside, what software are you talking about? The included USB/still-photo aquisition/transfer/management stuff (ZoomBrowser etc)?
Don't know on that one... I just use a USB cardreader, rather than slow camera usb port anyway...

There is no included video editing software, so take your pick of editors, that you desire, and check if they work on Vista...

that said, I'm not sure any of the NLEs DO work on Vista yet. Likely Vegas7. I don't think the others do yet.
Unless you have a new mfr PC that comes w/ Vista as no choice, I would stay clear of Vista for a while yet until everything settles... eg HW drivers, esp 64bit!!, software compatibility & upgrades/patches, GPU video enhancements enabled, performance issues fixed, etc...
Colin Gould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:38 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm running Vegas 7.0 w/ Vista Ultimate... runs just fine... importing footage from an HV10 without any issues...

:)

(I use firewire for transfer... )

32bit btw, I didn't go with 64bit for lack of drivers out... 32bit Vista can use XP software and drivers without any issues that I've seen so far...
Joe Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 2.0 works fine in Ultimate here.

Using a FireWire card and Vista ultimate, importing and editing in Premiere Pro 2.0 works fine. No worries.
Rune Austefjord is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders