teleconverter for HV20 ??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 24th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

teleconverter for HV20 ???

Greetings

I've seen the Canon TL-43 (1.7x) converter advertised along side the HV20 (which is pre-order only right now). This converter was originally released by Canon for the optura 100mc which was a DV camera.

Would anyone like to speculate as to whether the TL-43 converter can resolve images at HD levels. ???

Is there a 43mm teleconverter in the pipeline specifically for the HV 20?

The reason I ask is that I have an immediate need for a teleconverter (on the HV20) in the late April early May timeframe.

Thanks
JohnG
John Godden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:49 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi John,

The 1.7x teleconverter for the HV20 is actually the TL-H43, and the "H" in the nomenclature designates that it is indeed HD capable. If you've seen the older TL-43 advertised anywhere, it's either a misprint or inaccurate information.

See http://www.hdvinfo.net/articles/cano...rehv10hv20.php

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

do you expect that "H" to make a huge difference? I have a WD-43 here that can't wait to be put on my future HV-20.

The inexperienced gear-buyer that I am, I must say I expect that a lense that cost around 180 Euros (over $200) should resolve 3 megapixels?

Thanks,
Pieter
Pieter Jongerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Hi John,

The 1.7x teleconverter for the HV20 is actually the TL-H43, and the "H" in the nomenclature designates that it is indeed HD capable. If you've seen the older TL-43 advertised anywhere, it's either a misprint or inaccurate information.

See http://www.hdvinfo.net/articles/cano...rehv10hv20.php
Thank Chris!

You got the real new scoop on this. Couldn't even find that item on the canon us site.

JohnG
John Godden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders