DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Exporting from Premeire Pro 2 to HV20 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/89887-exporting-premeire-pro-2-hv20.html)

Bill Ritter March 25th, 2007 12:42 PM

Exporting from Premeire Pro 2 to HV20

I bought a Canon XH A1 and have not been able to export HD from a finished project back onto tape. The Adobe site says that is not supported on the XL H1 so I was not to surprised that all I can export is the first 4 min.

So has anyone with a HV20 been able to export from PP2 into the HV20 (captures by the way are no problem). WARNING a 10 min clip will take quite a long time (over an hour) for it to render prior to recording on camcorder. Even with dual core etc.

Thanks
Bill

Bill Ritter April 10th, 2007 08:02 AM

Anybody exported back to tape on any editing system or capture card?

Thanks,

Bill in Ohio

Colin Gould April 10th, 2007 08:19 AM

I exported a brief file back to my hV10 in Ulead MSPro OK.
It did take a little time to convert from MPG2 HDV to M2T transport stream format, nothing like 6:1 ratio though! is the delay because PP2 uses a totally diferent intermediate codec?

Note one downside of this MPG conversion is that any timestamp info from the original recording is lost when exported back to tape (actually is lost on capture), so while the image quality is lossless, some metadata is lost.

Bill Ritter April 10th, 2007 11:08 AM

Did you export a video over 6 min in length. We have had success for 4.5 min, then the camcorder stopped recording.

Bill in Ohio

Rafael Lopes April 10th, 2007 11:33 AM

Thatīs odd. I exported a 43min project to tape using premiere pro 2 and the A1. I could not do it directly from a 25F timeline though. I had to finish editing, then I had to export the 43min file, import it to an interlaced timeline and export to tape. I know, itīs an interlaced timeline, but donīt worry because you still get the exact look of 25F.

Colin Gould April 10th, 2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ritter (Post 657536)
Did you export a video over 6 min in length. We have had success for 4.5 min, then the camcorder stopped recording.

Bill in Ohio

No, it was very short I think, a couple minutes max... sorry.

Bill Ritter April 10th, 2007 09:09 PM

Rafael:

Is that an HD or SD timeline?

Can you tell us which settings you used on both the camcorder and PP2?

Thanks,

Bill in Ohio

Bill Ritter April 10th, 2007 09:13 PM

Colin

Could you export a longer piece -- 10 min for example?

Thanks

Bill in Ohio

Rafael Lopes April 11th, 2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ritter (Post 657911)
Rafael:

Is that an HD or SD timeline?

Can you tell us which settings you used on both the camcorder and PP2?

Thanks,

Bill in Ohio

It was an HD timeline. My pc is at shop with an overheating problem, so cannot give you my settings, but when it comes back I'll let you know. But I remember something about messing around with the playback options.