When is the PAL version coming out? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 5th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #16
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enea Lanzarone View Post
Where does it show they have it in stock? No offense, but I haven't seen there any references to that. Many online shops don't bother about showing their actual stock, some don't actualize it and some are even plain wrong. They just add it to their catalog, that's it. About 30 online shops in my country (Switzerland) have the HV20 on their site, ready to order, but none of them have it in stock. So I really doubt they already have it.
True, the norwegian shops that were supposed to have it in stock from Apr 4 now have moved the date to the 23rd, followed by the word "unconfirmed". Some shops say they will have it by mid-May :-(

John
John Kristoffersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #17
New Boot

I ordered mine in the netherlands for the incredible low price of 849 Euro.
Because I did not believe this price I e-mailed the shop and asked them if that was really the right price, and they answered that if the price would change I would get it for the lowest price from the time of ordering, and they will have them in stock from the 15th of april they said.

Just to clear things up, this is their listprice, and I know them because I used to work for them some 15 years ago, and they are reliable.
Peter Roubos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #18
Major Player

Peter - which shop was that? Do they have a website? Do they deliver to the UK?!!
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #19
New Boot

I have no idea if they ship to the UK.
And I also have no idea if it is a good idea to give links to shops here on this forum, but if you go to:
http://tweakers.net/pricewatch

And by: "Trefwoord" you fill in HV20 you will find it.
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #20
Major Player

Thanks - works out at about £590
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Hey Peter, (nice to see someone Dutch turn op on these pages)

...that's where I've ordered also :)
And you worked there? So if they don't deliver I'll know who to blame >))

No seriously, incredible price, but the catch: its a german version, you'll have to get a proper manual from somewhere else.

regs
Pieter
Pieter Jongerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #22
New Boot

I can read German, no problem.
Yes I have worked there, I repaired Photo and Film equipment in the technical department. I was so young then :)
I know they are reliable, and it is no bait and switch deal. But the only problem is that it could take a bit longer to get the cam because they get their stock from Germany and that could add 1 or 2 more weeks in delivery time.
Strange thing is that the cheapest I found in online in a German shop was around 990 Euro so I have no idea how they can deliver it this cheap.
Old April 6th, 2007, 03:16 AM   #23
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Roubos View Post
I ordered mine in the netherlands for the incredible low price of 849 Euro.
Because I did not believe this price I e-mailed the shop and asked them if that was really the right price, and they answered that if the price would change I would get it for the lowest price from the time of ordering, and they will have them in stock from the 15th of april they said.

Just to clear things up, this is their listprice, and I know them because I used to work for them some 15 years ago, and they are reliable.
They were 15 years ago........Now they use the name but the reliability is far away if you look at the consumer reviews of this store now.

Anyway, I called several shops in Holland and Canon.nl but nobody could give me any estimate on actual delivery dates.....
Jeroen Verhoeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 03:37 AM   #24
Regular Crew

I could not find translation for the language by the way does "Voorradig" mean "in-stock"? so if there is not tick beside it, it means no-stock right?
ys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter Jongerius View Post
Hey Peter, (nice to see someone Dutch turn op on these pages)

...that's where I've ordered also :)
And you worked there? So if they don't deliver I'll know who to blame >))

No seriously, incredible price, but the catch: its a german version, you'll have to get a proper manual from somewhere else.

regs
Pieter
Yow Siang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 04:58 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yow Siang View Post
I could not find translation for the language by the way does "Voorradig" mean "in-stock"? so if there is not tick beside it, it means no-stock right?
ys
May the dutch and belgians allow me to answer the question, even though I don't speak dutch (I understand most of it when reading, though): yes, "voorradig" means "on stock".
Enea Lanzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 06:22 AM   #26
Tourist

I also preordered the HV20 at Fotoquelle.nl. I received an mail from them and said the delivery time is now end April begin May :(
Daniel Kelleners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #27
New Boot

*sigh* If the Hv20 on fotoquelle.nl is the pal version - this is a great Deal! I hope they can ship to germany!
Max
Maximilian Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 08:27 AM   #28
Major Player

Apparently in Australia it will be the first week of May. A bit over 2 weeks to go then.
Glenn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #29
New Boot

it's may 7th here in melbourne :(
Patrick Jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #30
New Boot

7th May - same here in Germany
Maximilian Friedrich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders