Are the 3CCD / 3Cmos camera worth it... over HV20? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 15th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #16
Regular Crew

The Canon only adjust picture parameters in -1 or +1 increments. There is no -2,-3,-4, etc or +2,+3,+4.

I think Cinema Mode actually adjusts the gamma control of the picture.
Tony Parenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Parenti View Post
The Canon only adjust picture parameters in -1 or +1 increments. There is no -2,-3,-4, etc or +2,+3,+4.
Tony, I know, that's why I was asking where the -4 sharpness settings were coming from that some were talking about since there is no such setting on the HV10 or HV20. I think some people are referencing a particular preset on the Canon A1 which is belived to be part of the Cinema preset on the HV20.
Ken Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #18
Major Player

I tried playing with the manual focus this weekend and it definitely was a pain in the ass, the picture looked amazing, maybe I'm using it wrong but it's pretty much useless unless you want to lock the focus at a certain depth instead of letting the auto-focus decide. I wear gloves when I'm filming too so hitting that focus button is even harder ;)

Things I gotta get used to, still debating if I want to get a pro-consumer or stick w/ HV10 - HV20... I know you can get an HV10 for $825 from a legitimate website (I can't say I guess) which is $275 less than the HV20 is going for... not bad... picture quality is about the same, just no 24F which I could live with, but 30F (I think HV20 does that) would be nice.. and the larger form factor.
Joe Busch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders