Pls help to decide: HV20 vs. HC7 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Closed Thread

Old April 21st, 2007, 08:50 AM   #46
Trustee

The range of adjustability that the A1 possesses, individual buttons to control unique functions, focusing rings etc. etc. These are all things I've seen people hope for in many different threads. Chris already mentioned why Canon won't include LANC in a cam of this type, so if that's a biggie you need to shop outside the Canon family.
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:58 AM   #47
Regular Crew

I'm not going to get drawn into this debate... if you guys are happy with the questionable design (for the lack of a more direct phrase) of the HV20 then all I have to say is that you are a little too easy to please.

I for one expect more for my money.... and I am entitled....if you want to lay down and settle... well that's your right too.
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:05 AM   #48
Trustee

It's amazing to me that someone can so consistently knock the 'build quality' or 'questionable design' of this unit, but when asked to specifically reference actual tangible issues, he can't. And if you told my wife that in the area of video I was 'too easy to please', she would laugh you out of the room. It's hard to find someone more anal about this stuff than me.
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:11 AM   #49
Obstreperous Rex

It's amazing to me how ridiculous some of the posts are that I've had to take out of public view. Stubborn people need to realize that they can't change the minds of other stubborn people. Case closed,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders