Where to buy a cheap HV20 in LA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Closed Thread

Old April 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM   #1
New Boot

Where to buy a cheap HV20 in LA

Hi, I'll be in LA in a couple months, and I'd like to know where can I buy a HV20 and some photographic equipment.

Thank you very much, Luiz Murillo
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I think I can predict how this thread's going to be answered - someone is going to say that this board has equipment sponsors and that it wouldn't be fair to recommend other vendors, etc...

So I will attempt to answer it for you. Abel Cine Tech in LA is one of the dvinfo sponsors. They are selling the HV20 for $1095:
http://www.abelcine.com/store/home.php?cat=329

But you have to call for availablilty.

Bruce Allen
www.boacinema.com
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:01 PM   #3
Wrangler

Samy's Camera and Birns and Sawyer are two other places to buy. I was at Samy's today and saw that their price (currently out of stock, so it's a pre-order) was $1099 for the HV20. Jim from Birns posts here regularly so he can chime in with their price.

I purchased from another legitimate Canon dealer, Zotz Digital (a DVInfo.net sponsor) out of Oregon for $925 and was pleased with their service. Obviously if you are coming in from out of the country and need to collect one in short order this may not be a viable option, but if you are staying or working with someone locally who can order for you ahead of time, perhaps this may work. The danger of hoping to walk in and buy one is that they may not be in stock during that particular window.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders