What "free" 24p workflow for Windows users? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 27th, 2007, 09:26 AM   #46
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes. But try both NEO HDV and Aspect HD first, to see what you prefer.
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM   #47
Major Player

1.0.0.15 of standlone

Steve, not sure if it's my imagination but the new 1.0.0.15 of the standalone process appears to run VirtualDubMod faster for the same codec settings (using WMV9 Lossy). I see you've appended some new lines to the syl file used for re-encode, are those performance tweaks?
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:16 AM   #48
Major Player

Steve, your .avs file may be blocked (because of the extension) by the web server itself. Try zipping it. If you need bandwidth (for downloads etc.) let me know and we'll set you up. I posted a link to your page over at dvxuser so folks there could have a look. Once set up, the standalone .exe is, IMHO, the easiest method to deal with HV20 pulldown removal I've seen yet. Having the .xml template that can be saved is a nice touch.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Mike, are there new lines there for the .syl? When I made the template file conversion, I just write out the previously set defaults from my resource file into the new xml file. Those should be the same as they were before. At least I don't remember changing them! It's good to hear that it might be faster though.

Dennis, yes, it does seem like my IIS server is preventing those extensions for external machines. I renamed it to template.avs.txt and then it downloads just fine. I'm not too worried about bandwidth for this little app but I did go ahead and zip it up along with the avs file. I'll update the documentation shortly to point at the new zip file...

--Steve
Steve Szudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders