Mic options for the Canon HV20 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 10th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #16
New Boot

More questions

So the K6 plugs right into the Canon HV20, and then the ME64 and ME66 plug into that?

I'd still be using the Rode SM3 right?

Can I just use a standard XLR to mini converter?

And, does anyone know of a good wired lav for the K6?

Thanks,
Cliff
Cliff S. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #17
Major Player

yep. you got it.

b&h has a used k6/mke104 lav on sale:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Lavalier.html

it'll still set you back 450 bucks, almost the price of a new g2 setup, but you get the k6 powering module, and the me66 and me64 caps are around $150-170 each. if you're on a budget, i would suggest maybe starting with a new k6/me64 for around $330, then adding as you go.

honestly, bang for buck, there are better mics to be had as the k6 system is a little on the expensive side, but battery power narrows your options significantly. that said, i think you'll be happy with the setup.
Henry Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #18
New Boot

Yes, that's over my price range. Is there a cheaper lav mic that goes with the K6, or can I just buy the Audio Technica ATR35s and use it without the K6? If not, I think I'm just going to get the following:

- XLR-to-mini cable
- Audio-Tech's cardioid (anyone know of a decent one?): since I'll be doing most of my shoots inside or in semi-enclosed places like city streets.
- Audio Technica ATR35s
- Rode SM3

I don't want to spend more than $500 total for everything.
Cliff S. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #19
New Boot

Oh yeah, does anyone have pics of the Senn K6 with ME66 or ME64 on the Rode SM3 on the Canon HV20?

Thanks,
Cliff
Cliff S. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders