DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   hv20 lcd dead pixels (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/93957-hv20-lcd-dead-pixels.html)

Alexis Vazquez May 13th, 2007 06:49 PM

hv20 lcd dead pixels

Brand new, first time start up and there it is, a green little dot on the lcd that never goes away.
Will store take in back for another one or is one single remarkably bright also anoying dot is acceptable?

Alexis

Ian Albinson May 13th, 2007 08:35 PM

Had the same issue with the first one I received, and the local store I got it from was nice enough to swap it for me. I believe Canon policy is different however, with a minimum number of dead pixels needed before an exchange will be made. This is similar to LCD monitors.

Alexis Vazquez May 13th, 2007 08:53 PM

I'll be calling tommorrow morning. I hope they do the same. It's not fair when it happens in the very first power on. It's so annoying.

Alexis

Joe Busch May 13th, 2007 09:14 PM

Dead pixels don't form over time...

When you first turn on an LCD if it has a dead pixel... it was there from the start...

I have not personally bought an item w/ an LCD that had a dead pixel... I've never seen it...

Mikko Lopponen May 14th, 2007 12:55 AM

Try rubbing it with your finger a bit. It may just be a stuck pixel.

Alexis Vazquez May 14th, 2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikko Lopponen (Post 678709)
Try rubbing it with your finger a bit. It may just be a stuck pixel.

Tried that, still there. But thanks.

Alex

Alexis Vazquez May 14th, 2007 11:36 AM

Update

I called this morning and explain whats wrong with the camera, they inmediatly send me an RA number for exchange. No problem.
I'm a Happy B&H Costumer

I'm going now to Fedex.

Alex

Mike Horrigan May 14th, 2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Busch (Post 678640)
Dead pixels don't form over time...

As a moderator for a very popular Projector forum, I beg to differ.

Dead pixels can indeed form over time, and do just that. At least on TV/Projector LCD panels. I've seen it myself many times...

I also have plenty of Home Theater enthusiasts who would argue that as well.
;)

Is the HV20's LCD screen different than LCD technology used in TV's/Projectors?

Mike

Rastus Washington May 14th, 2007 04:57 PM

I'm one of many previous GL1 owners that had to trash the camera due to a dead pixel showing up on the image. I realize yours is a separate issue, it's just seeing the words dead pixel on a Canon forum creates undesirable flashbacks.

I'd like to buy the HV20, however I'm still gun-shy about Canon.

Rastus

Alexis Vazquez May 14th, 2007 05:11 PM

Is it the same? I mean the brilliant dot I saw wasn't seen at the picture I grab some and it was not there.

I never worked with GL series, I have a XL1s and a XL2 a baby 3CCD Panny and have seen lots of others cams from cheap to Pro's (everytime someone wants a transfer I make them bring up there own cams for the playback), and I never had to deal with one single dead pixel. This is my very first time, hopfully the last.

Alex

Corey Sosner May 14th, 2007 09:46 PM

I have the same problem a dead pixel on a brand new Hv20, waiting to get it replaced all sold out.