HV20 back to tape - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:27 PM   #16
Contributor

update: i installed pro app support 4.0 and restarted fcp and now everything works fine, auto record and all.

also in the HD workflow pdf in the help menu, fcp says you can conform the timeline by selecting everything in the render all menu etc and when you render it will conform the mpeg 2 and "reduce time waiting when you print to tape"

Last edited by Austin Meyers; May 21st, 2007 at 02:53 PM.
Austin Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM   #17
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Meyers View Post
i can't get the camera to say "hdv in", i have occasionally gotten it to see the stream but it's showing it as "dv in" can anyone list the specs end to end on how to get it captured back to tape in hdv? i've used the firewire hdv and basic varieties, i've worked through everything posted above, and still nothing... i must be missing something in the cam setup or the fcp setup.

also of note for a brief moment under the view menu in video playback it showed "hdv 60i, 24p, 50i, and 25p as options where it normally says apple firewire 720x..." but i can't manage to duplicate that either.

same here!
this seems to be the exact same issue I'm having... the help has been amazing so far, and I'd love to peg this down...
Josh Reiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:37 PM   #18
Tourist

[QUOTE=Austin Meyers;683153]i can't get the camera to say "hdv in", i have occasionally gotten it to see the stream but it's showing it as "dv in" can anyone list the specs end to end on how to get it captured back to tape in hdv? i've used the firewire hdv and basic varieties, i've worked through everything posted above, and still nothing... i must be missing something in the cam setup or the fcp setup.
[QUOTE]

I too have similar problem in the beginning. It seems, that camera set the mode (DV or HDV) regarding the current tape recording. If you have cassete with old DV recording it will set to DV. My simple solution is recording a few seconds in normal HDV mode, and camera will set to HDV IN. It accept's then HDV stream from NLE. I guess, NLE can't (or at least in my case) directly change camera mode between DV and HDV.
Benjamin Bukovec is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders