An automated Vegas 24p workflow.. - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #121
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Steiner View Post
Steve, thanks for those links. Will read them over to see if anything can help. Tried to tape some more footage and it did not work either. I hope I can figure this out.
I finally got it to work!!!

Ian & Mike, I am trying your method and was wondering what compression you are choosing in HV20pulldown. Also what type of project are you starting with in Vegas (60i or 24p HDV)? Thanks.
Duane Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 03:04 PM   #122
Regular Crew

Ians Way

Ian G. Thompson, I've been trying to duplicate your process:

1. "Template" i choose HDV 1080-60i
2. "Custom" section and make sure it says "Upper Field First" in Field Order
3. Set the video quality to High
4. Leave "Film Rate" at 29.970
5. Leave "Constant bit rate (bps) checked and raise that to 60,000,000
6. The "Output Type" should say HDV,

but no matter what I do, all thet happens is:

Vegas starts the render, but I have waited up to 17 minutes, and still at 0% render. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? The clip is only 44 secs. long. I don't know if this matters, but what is your project template for Vegas timeline before you render.

Thanks
Steve B
Steve Boutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #123
Regular Crew

never mind

After about 3 trys with the template, I just started over step by step, and pressed OK without renaming the new template, and it worked perfectly. Just one of those puter thangs i guess.

steve B
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #124
Major Player

Duane, if your final output is 24p then setup your project as 24p. It doesn't mean you're locked in to that though. When you render you can still change your output size and framerate, but the project settings affect what you see in preview.
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #125
Major Player

I spent 3 hours writing a complete tutorial on my blog on how to make the guidelines in this thread to work with minimal headaches. All needed information, hopefully in one place: http://eugenia.blogsome.com/2007/07/...-24f-pulldown/
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #126
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia Loli-Queru View Post
I spent 3 hours writing a complete tutorial on my blog on how to make the guidelines in this thread to work with minimal headaches. All needed information, hopefully in one place: http://eugenia.blogsome.com/2007/07/...-24f-pulldown/
Wow...i must say excellent job on compiling all that data in one document.
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:24 AM   #127
Regular Crew

I'm confused..what else is new...

Eugenia, Your blog states that "There are two commercial utilities that will perform the pulldown for you during tape capture, but the first, TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress, costs $99 and the other one, NeoHDV..." are you saying that TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress works the same as Cineform? For $99. Why has this not been mentioned in this entire thread or did I miss that?

Thanks.Steve Boutin
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #128
Tourist

Clip by clip

Hi, I was having some trouble getting the pulldown script to work but now everything is working fine. Meanwhile, I was editing using HV20 footage without pulldown. If I render my edited footage in vegas using 60i, then perform pulldown using Steve's script, will it perform the pulldown removal correctly? I don't want to have to re-edit everything using new clips.

Thanks
Kevin P Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #129
Major Player

At least with the test using Vegas output in 60i m2t (see Ian's method) with no velocity changes, it works to do the pulldown removal in post.
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #130
Tourist

Thanks

It worked! this saves me a lot of time...The only problem I have now is that the audio is not properly synched. Any more advice?

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin P Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #131
Major Player

out of sync audio?

You should check the avs file generated by HV20Pulldown.exe if the delayaudio() line is properly populated with the same value as in the mpa file. You will have to re-run the pulldown removal but uncheck the option to remove the temporary file. While it's running go to the temporary directory and look at the files.

E.g. file...delay -234 ...mpa

Look inside file....avs; last line should say delayaudio(-234).

If this is not true, you may have the wrong template.avs loaded (go to Steve's website for the file). Hope that helps.
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #132
Major Player

Automate 24P workflow for Blackmagic MJPEG codec

Hi! I wonder if anyone has managed to adapt this automated workflow with the Blackmagic MJPEG codec ? So instead of HDV -> 24P Inverse Telecine -> MJPEG

the new workflow would be

MJPEG -> 24P Inverse Telecine -> MJPEG
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 05:29 AM   #133
Major Player

Process is supposed to be generic

Anmol, you could modify the script to use the avisynth AVI routines if your mjpeg file is avi. Why don't you give it a try?
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #134
Major Player

Just started mods

I am using Eugenia's instructions. I have the correct version of TIVTC - but the keeper03_24p that I get is 481 MB (using YUY2 and lagarith). From Eugenia's description it should be 295MB.

Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong ?
Thanks!
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #135
Major Player

The call to virtualdubmod is probably running RGB (default--I think Sony Vegas likes this more, which is what a number of us used while this method was developed) vs YUV2 if your sizes are off. I haven't tried Eugenia's version of the method, but I'd look at the generated avs file. You should run Steve's exe but keep the generated avs file. Then open that avs manually using virtualdubmod and play around with the compression options and mode.

Here's the old method before Steve automated it, maybe it will give you clues on running it manually:
http://yousillyman.blogspot.com/2007...-hv20-m2t.html

Oh, Eugenia and Steve are active at the other forum where Farnsworth's original method was posted.

Last edited by Mike Dulay; November 18th, 2007 at 02:50 PM.
Mike Dulay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders