An automated Vegas 24p workflow.. - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 24th, 2007, 08:49 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajit Bikram View Post
Are you trying to use VirtualDub instead of VirtualDubMod? That does give a syntax error.
Using VirturalDubMod and have it selected in the HV20Pulldown program. But I also have VirturalDub on my system from before. Possible conflict?
Duane Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:54 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Steiner View Post
Using VirturalDubMod and have it selected in the HV20Pulldown program. But I also have VirturalDub on my system from before. Possible conflict?
No. I do also have both of them in my computer. I never had any conflict. There was a syntax error popping up when I tried to use VirtualDub instead of VirtualDubMod.
Anyway are the avs files getting created? If DGIndex runs properly you should have 3 files created, one avs, one mpa and one d2v. Just open the avs file with notepad and look for any obvious problem.
It should look like the same one Steve posted with _vid_ and _aud_ replaced by the clip name with d2v and mpa extensions.

Edit: and also one more command "delayAudio" at the end.
Ajit Bikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #48
Regular Crew

Quote:
No. I do also have both of them in my computer. I never had any conflict. There was a syntax error popping up when I tried to use VirtualDub instead of VirtualDubMod.
Anyway are the avs files getting created? If DGIndex runs properly you should have 3 files created, one avs, one mpa and one d2v. Just open the avs file with notepad and look for any obvious problem.
It should look like the same one Steve posted with _vid_ and _aud_ replaced by the clip name with d2v and mpa extensions.

Edit: and also one more command "delayAudio" at the end.
Reinstalled everything and still get the error. No files are being created.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #49
Regular Crew

If you have no files being created, it sounds like DGIndex is failing long before you get to VirtualDub.

Can you try manually running through the DGIndex and see what error that application is raising to you? My app will get the process exit code from DGIndex and if it is non zero (error code), then it should not proceed to VirtualDub. So odds are it may always return zero on exit. Manually running through it should help identify the problem though.

--Steve
Steve Szudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Szudzik View Post
If you have no files being created, it sounds like DGIndex is failing long before you get to VirtualDub.

Can you try manually running through the DGIndex and see what error that application is raising to you? My app will get the process exit code from DGIndex and if it is non zero (error code), then it should not proceed to VirtualDub. So odds are it may always return zero on exit. Manually running through it should help identify the problem though.

--Steve
I do not know how to run DGIndex. I did try your script with Vegas and files were created but still get the VirturalDud Error (Script error: syntax error).
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #51
Regular Crew

Quote:
Reinstalled everything and still get the error. No files are being created.
Hmm.. when you say no files are being created I think its safe to conclude that the DGInex is not running properly. And if no files are created by DGIndex then obviously VirtualDubMod cannot run as there is no script created. You can try the following
1)run the DGIndex just manually (not through Steve's exe) and see if it runs or not.
2) Look into the first post from Farnsworth in the other forum. And try running it manually (not using Steve's exe)
3) I hope you did install DGDecode.dll and mpasource.dll in avisynth plugin folder.
4) You would also need xvid/divx.
Xvid is available from http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

Hope this helps.

Ajit B.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #52
Regular Crew

Quote:
I do not know how to run DGIndex. I did try your script with Vegas and files were created but still get the VirturalDud Error (Script error: syntax error).
You can double click on DGIndex.exe to launch it.

I somehow think its due to absence of Xvid/divx. Do you have them installed?
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #53
Regular Crew

Quote:
You can double click on DGIndex.exe to launch it.

I somehow think its due to absence of Xvid/divx. Do you have them installed?
Installed Xvid and already had DivX installed. Tried to import the footage again using HDVSpilt, but still getting the error.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #54
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Szudzik View Post

--Steve
Opened a few clips with DGIndex. 1st gives error, File contains all nulls! 2nd, No video sequence header found! Got one to open and the aspect was wrong.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #55
Regular Crew

I cannot think of what else could be wrong! Did you try launching DGIndex manually?

I didnt get the HDVSplit issue! I thought you already captured your footage from the camcorder, right?

Anyway I am listing my setup below. Try finding anything that could be different than yours.

1) My Machine is Win XP sp2.
2) In C:\Program Files I made a directory called "HDV Utilities" in which I have HDVSplit.exe, DGIndex.exe, hv20pulldown.exe and template.avs
3) I also installed avisynth- which got installed in C:\Program Files\Avisynth
4) Copied the DGDecode.dll and mpasource.dll in C:\Avisynth\plugin also the TIVTC plugin.
5) Installed VirtualDubMod in C:\Program Files\VirtualDubMod.

And this is the way I run:

1) Capture m2t files first using HDVSplit to D:\video\capture
2) Launch hv20pulldown -- specify all the paths and working directory as
D:\video\pulldown
3) load the clips and run.

I hope this would be of help.

Ajit B.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #56
Regular Crew

Quote:
Opened a few clips with DGIndex. 1st gives error, File contains all nulls! 2nd, No video sequence header found! Got one to open and the aspect was wrong.
Can you play your clips correctly with some other player ?
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #57
Regular Crew

Quote:
I cannot think of what else could be wrong! Did you try launching DGIndex manually?

I didnt get the HDVSplit issue! I thought you already captured your footage from the camcorder, right?

Anyway I am listing my setup below. Try finding anything that could be different than yours.

1) My Machine is Win XP sp2.
2) In C:\Program Files I made a directory called "HDV Utilities" in which I have HDVSplit.exe, DGIndex.exe, hv20pulldown.exe and template.avs
3) I also installed avisynth- which got installed in C:\Program Files\Avisynth
4) Copied the DGDecode.dll and mpasource.dll in C:\Avisynth\plugin also the TIVTC plugin.
5) Installed VirtualDubMod in C:\Program Files\VirtualDubMod.

And this is the way I run:

1) Capture m2t files first using HDVSplit to D:\video\capture
2) Launch hv20pulldown -- specify all the paths and working directory as
D:\video\pulldown
3) load the clips and run.

I hope this would be of help.

Ajit B.
Thank you for your help. Tried to duplicate what you did and still get the error.
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #58
Regular Crew

Quote:
Thank you for your help. Tried to duplicate what you did and still get the error.
I think there is something very trivial which is causing all the problems. If your clips open fine with other viewers/NLEs Than I would think it has to be DGIndex.

If the clips give some problem with other viewers/NLE's it has to be the capture process.

Hope you can fix it soon!
Good Luck!
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #59
Regular Crew

It certainly sounds like there are some problems with the original clips themselves.

I did find a couple threads about some of your errors though, maybe one will help resolve the problem.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=113811

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic329046.html

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archi...g-t325577.html

--Steve
Steve Szudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #60
Regular Crew

Steve, thanks for those links. Will read them over to see if anything can help. Tried to tape some more footage and it did not work either. I hope I can figure this out.
Duane Steiner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders